STC-10 is a pencil-style cardioid condenser microphone. It has been designed using the same technology as Sontronics’ existing pencil condenser mics, but has purposely been introduced to create an even more affordable option in the ever-growing Sontronics range.
No Compromise in Quality
The STC-10 actually has the same basic internal architecture to the Sontronics STC-1, it's just stripped down its feature set to give producers and musicians a super affordable option.
Pencil condenser microphones are ideal for spot-miking applications or used as a stereo pair for overheads. The STC-10 is great for drums, percussion and acoustic instruments. It has also proved useful in film production work when used on a boom.
All the Basics Covered
Although the STC-10 was designed with affordability in mind, it still features a built-in attentuation switch (choose 0dB or -10dB) and a low-cut filter (75Hz) to make it extremely flexible in all situations.
The STC-10 is supplied with a simple mic clip and a foam windshield to prevent sibilance.
- acoustic guitar and guitar amps
- solo woodwind & strings
- sitar, bouzouki and banjo
- string, brass or wind ensemble
- video/film & field recording
- foley work
- in pairs for drumkit, overhead & room miking
“STC-10 is a great choice for live recording and sound reinforcement… at this price you can afford to buy several to use over the stage or around the studio.”
Jan Friedrich Konrad, Recording Magazine
- great value pencil condenser microphone
- -10dB pad and 75Hz filter
- supplied with a foam windshield to reduce popping/hissing or for use in outdoor or video work
- ideal for direct miking drums, percussion, acoustic guitar and other solo instruments
- also perfect for film production and for overhead recording (in pairs)
- covered by Sontronics LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 30Hz – 20kHz
- Pad: -10dB
- Filter: 75Hz
- Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa -39dB ±1dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Maximum SPL (for 0.55 THD @ 1,000Hz): 130dB
- Power source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Colour: Black only
- Supplied with: Mic clip, foam windshield