In 2017 Andertons' were delighted to announce we would be bringing the Sire range of Marcus Miller basses in to the UK and we've quickly become the largest stockist in the country. Our sales team and hundreds of customers have already fallen in love with the exceptional sound quality, versatility, playability and affordability of the basses being shipped from their dedicated Sire factory in Indonesia.
2018 sees the release of the even-more affordable V3 and M2 models, both including specifications set to rival (or beat?) any other traditional or modern style of entry level bass on market today - with Sire boasting that the M2 alone includes, 'better quality Humbucker pickups than anything else on the market in the same price range'.
Built in the same factory as the flagship V7 and others in the range, the Jazz Bass-styled V3 and it's modern double-cutaway cousin the M2 also include the same Marcus Miller Heritage preamp found in the current V7 and M3 models, also receiving the same exceptional finish quality control as all other instruments leaving the factory.
There are also 5 string versions of each model being released! Equally as affordable and featuring the same quality spec as the 4 string models, offering players of all levels an opportunity to expand their playing with a great quality 5 string bass at an entry level price point.
Here's what Sire say about the Marcus Miller designed Heritage Preamp
The SIRE preamp is a perfect example that represents our technology and philosophy integrated into our instruments. With multiple tone controls, you can have total command in finding and getting the tone you want. The use of 18v battery enables the player to attain unaltered natural sound with strong and powerful output. With 3 band EQ, the player can have versatility in sound that can be suited for all occasions of music sessions. All models come with option for active and passive setting. Even in the passive mode, volume, tone, pickup balancer is fully functional, giving the player more controls for the tone in any mode.
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Body Shape : New Modern Bass Type
- Body Color :TBK, WHP, TBL
- Neck Material : Canadian Hardmaple
- Neck Finish : Matte
- Neck Shape : C-Shape
- Scale : 34”
- Fingerboard : Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius : 12" (304.8mm)
- Frets : Medium, 24 Frets
- String Nut : 4string : PPS Tusk Black 38mm width / 5string PPS Tusk Black 45mm width
- Binding : None
- Inlay : White Pearl Dot
- Neck Joint : 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
- Pickups : Marcus Blue Humbuckers Set
- Electronics : Marcus Heritage- 3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls : Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )
- Knob : Modern Black Plastic
- Bridge : Marcus Standard Bridge with Body Thru option
- Tuning Gear : Basic Diecasting Gear
- Hardware Finish : Black
- Gig Bag : None