Sire Marcus Miller V7 2nd Generation Swamp Ash Left Handed 4-String Bass Guitar in Lake Placid Blue
Featuring Marcus Miller Super-J Revolution pickups and versatile 3-band EQ. The best bass you can buy for the money!
This product is not currently available.
This product is not currently available.
Sire have made serious waves in the bass market in recent years and have rightfully earned massive praise for their all-encompassing range. Their collaboration with world-renowned jazz and funk bassist Marcus Miller has produced a range of exceptionally high-quality instruments that far exceed their price point.
We here at Andertons believe that Sire are the best bass brand we have seen in the last twenty years! That’s a bold statement for sure, but you know a product is good when all the staff own one! Unlike a lot of other guitar companies that outsource their work, Sire own the factory in which their basses are built. This means cheaper production and full control over the quality of the instruments from start to finish. It goes without saying that we QC check each and every Sire bass that comes through our doors, but we are always blown away by how little tweaking is required because they’re always set up so well from the factory!
The Sire Marcus Miller V7 2nd Generation sits in the middle of the V Series. Its versatility makes it a great option for an array of different techniques, genres and playing styles. At this price point, its build quality is unrivalled too. A one-piece, Canadian Hard Maple neck offers excellent stability, while simultaneously enhancing tonal sustain and reducing vibration loss. Its comfortable too, thanks to the rolled fingerboard edges and 9.5" fingerboard radius. Whether you're just starting out, or you're an experienced player, you won’t want to put the V7 down!
At the heart of the V7 is a set of signature Marcus Miller Super-J Revolution pickups, which are made using American plain enamel coils. Drawing inspiration from ‘60s J-Bass pickup spacing, these pickups have a clear, defined sound with plenty of thump! An onboard 3-band EQ has also been thrown into the mix, giving you complete control over your sound, with both passive and active settings available.
- Rolled Fingerboard Edges – Typically only found on high-end basses, rolled fingerboard edges enhance the overall comfort and playability of the neck and make it easier to play. What’s not to like?!
- Marcus Miller Heritage-3 Preamp – An onboard 3-band EQ with active and passive settings puts plenty of tone tweaking options at your fingertips.
- Marcus Miller Super-J Revolution Pickups – This signature set of pickups is preferred by Marcus Miller himself, offering up a host of great bass tones for a range of playing styles and genres.
- J-Bass Body – This iconic, tried and tested body shape is incredibly comfortable to play. Body contours allow the bass to sit comfortably against your body when playing either standing up or seated.
- Marcus Miller Modern-S Bridge – This classic bridge set up ensures optimal intonation and tuning stability, whilst maximising the transfer of sound energy to the pickups.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "It's a beautiful instrument which plays amazingly and sounds great in both active and passive modes."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "It's a fantastic bass for a fantastic price."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This is exactly what we wanted. Great tone and playability. Hopefully it will inspire my son to take his playing to the next level."
- Body Material: North American Alder / Swamp Ash
- Body Shape: New Marcus Miller Jazz Type
- Neck Material: Hard Maple (Satin Finish)
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 34"
- Neck Joint: Four Bolt Steel Square Plate
- Fingerboard (Rolled Edges): Ebony (Alder Body) / Hard Maple (Swamp Ash Body)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 2.4 medium
- String Nut: 4 String – Natural Bone 38mm width / 5 String – Natural Bone 46mm width
- Binding: 1 Ply Ivory
- Inlay: White Pearloid Block
- Pickups: Marcus Super-J Revolution Set
- Preamp: Marcus Heritage-3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive)
- Knobs: Plastic Jazz Type in Black
- Bridge: Marcus Miller Modern - S
- Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: Tortoise (Alder) / Ivory Pearl (Swamp Ash)
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+