Sire Version 2 Marcus Miller V3 4 String in Antique White
The Marcus Miller bass range has been a hit at Andertons Music Co. Representing incredible value-for-money, Sire instruments are adored for their high-end feel and tones.
Featuring electronics and hardware you’d expect to find on basses over double their prices, the latest version 2 models build upon the foundations of the original instruments and takes them to higher ground. With some minor tweaks and refinements, these basses are better than ever before!
In terms of construction, the V3 Version 2 employs the same selection of tonewoods used for the first iterations of the V3. With a Mahogany body, you can expect a rich and deep low end-tone, with a vibrant mid-range that serves as a great foundation for the punchy-sounding pickups.
Paired with a bolt-on Canadian Hard Maple neck, this type of construction and material adds some crucial snap. Giving notes plenty of top-end bite, you can be sure to cut through any mix! Adorned with a smooth Rosewood fingerboard, this sleek and elegant wood adds more tonal depth and enhances the instrument’s overall playability.
Finished with a smooth matte lacquer and featuring a C-shaped neck profile, the V3’s neck offers a feel that both traditional and modern players will enjoy.
Electronics & Hardware
The V3 Version 2’s biggest upgrade is its pickup set. Produced using US-Made Heavy Fomvar Magnet Wire, this offers a high-res sound with better clarity and definition than its older counterparts. Redesigned in close collaboration with Marcus Miller to create the best tonal balance, these articulate-sounding pickups are ultra-versatile and suitable for many styles.
Featuring multiple controls, the amount of flexibility that the V3 offers is unparalleled at its price-point. With a volume/tone dual pot, the V3 boasts a full 3-band EQ, letting you manipulate the bass, middle and treble frequencies. This means that you can tailor your tones completely on-the-fly, with its active/passive toggle switch letting you attain vintage or modern sounds.
The Marcus Standard Bridge provides a comfortable and solid feel, with its traditional design letting you make action or intonation adjustments easily. At the other end of the instrument you’ll find a set of Marcus Standard Open-Gear tuners, ensuring optimal tuning stability.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Shape: New Marcus Miller Jazz Type
- Neck Material: Canadian Hard Maple
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 34”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7’25”
- Frets: Medium Small, 20 Frets
- String Nut: Natural Bone, 38mm width (4-string) / 45mm width (5-string)
- Binding: None
- Inlay: White Pearl Dot
- Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickups: Marcus Standard Jazz Advanced Set
- Electronics: Marcus Heritage-3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle/Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active/Passive )
- Knobs: Jazz Type Black Plastic
- Bridge: Marcus Standard Bridge
- Tuning Gear: Marcus Standard Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Gig Bag: None
10+ In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 13 December 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
10+ in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery