Sire Marcus Miller V7 basses sound better and play smoother than ever before in the 2nd Gen range. The flagship V7 has been kitted out with two advanced single coil pickups bearing a full set of EQ controls, allowing you to mould your perfect personalised tone. Other upgrades can be found made to the neck and fretboard for a new, premium feel.
Version 2 Updated
The V7 Updated model gets an needed redesign: the square block saddles have been switched out for more comfortable round block saddles.
The focus of the Version 2 upgrade has been to improve the overall sound quality and playing comfort of the V7. Marcus Miller worked alongside Sire to redesign the pickups with stronger magnets and coils to deliver a cleaner, deeper tonal palette.
Sire have also overhauled the neck design. The V7 now features an extremely comfortable rolled edge fretboard, which you'd usually only find on high-end basses. The neck radius has been extended to 9.5-inches and fretted models are adorned with new medium frets, making for a quicker and more accurate playing experience. The gloss neck coating has been replaced with a much classier satin finish.
Sire like to mix and match woods. The V7 is made of either a well-balanced alder or a slightly brighter swamp ash body. A hard maple neck offers excellent stability and is topped by either a maple or ebony fingerboard.
History of Sire Marcus Miller Basses
Sire have rightfully earned massive praise for their bass range. They've worked with world-renowned jazz and funk bassist Marcus Miller to make instruments that are affordable but far exceed their price point in terms of feel, style and above all, sound. How do they do this? Unlike a lot of other guitar companies that outsource their work, Sire own the factory where their basses are built. This means cheaper production and full control over the quality of instrument from start to finish.
Sire instruments are also doing the world a bit of good by taking a share of the corporate profits and giving back to society. They founded schools in Cambodia and Laos to teach children’s music lessons.
- Body Material: North American Alder / Swamp Ash
- Body Shape: New Marcus Miller Jazz Type
- Neck Material: Hard Maple (Satin Finish)
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 34"
- Neck Joint: Four Bolt Steel Square Plate
- Fingerboard (Rolled Edges): Ebony (Alder Body) / Hard Maple (Swamp Ash Body)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 2.4 medium
- String Nut: 4 String – Natural Bone 38mm width / 5 String – Natural Bone 46mm width
- Binding: 1 Ply Ivory
- Inlay: White Pearloid Block
- Pickups: Marcus Super-J Revolution Set
- Preamp: Marcus Heritage-3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive)
- Knobs: Plastic Jazz Type in Black
- Bridge: Marcus Miller Modern - S
- Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: Tortoise (Alder) / Ivory Pearl (Swamp Ash)