Here's what Jackson says about the JS Series Signature Gus G. Star:
Greek metal God Gus G. is one of metal’s reigning guitar virtuosos. He served as Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne’s lead guitarist through from 2009-2017, while also establishing himself as an acclaimed solo artist with albums like I Am the Fire and Fearless. Gus G. has also managed to find time to perform worldwide with acts as diverse as Arch Enemy, Dream Evil and his own band, Firewind.
Jackson pays homage to the prodigious guitarist with his very own signature JS Series Gus G. Star JS32T, which offers a fresh new take on one of Jackson’s original avant-garde body shapes.
The Star JS32T features a poplar body and bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint and graphite reinforcement to safeguard against extreme environmental and climate conditions. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius bound amaranth fingerboard is the ideal playing surface for speedy riffing or comfortable chordal work.
This pointy machine is fueled by Jackson high-output humbucking pickups that erupt with hot, crunchy tone perfect for any flavor of hard rock or heavy metal. Tone is customizable with a three-way toggle switch and volume knob, while the radius compensated TOM-style bridge with anchored tailpiece improves intonation and sustain across the instrument’s 25.5” scale length.
Ready to rip, this highly affordable axe comes dressed in an Ivory finish with chrome hardware and pointed black headstock.
- Body Shape: Star
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Amaranth, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Jackson TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Pickups: Jackson High-Output Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)