Tom Morello is a true modern master, who has inspired countless new-generation guitar players with his idiosyncratic style and creative use of effects. Known for his work with Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave, Morello has collaborated with Fender to develop his very first signature guitar - the "Soul Power" Stratocaster.
Based on the Designer Series Stratocaster that he wielded almost exclusively during his time in Audioslave, Morello's "Soul Power" Strat is a hot-rodded guitar that features a high-output Seymour Duncan Hot Rails bridge pickup and a Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo. Other features include a stylish matching painted headstock and the iconic "Soul Power" body decal in the included Fender hard case.
Body & Neck
The Fender Tom Morello signature model follows the classic Strat construction, featuring a bound Alder slab body and a "Deep C"-shaped Maple neck. While the Alder body serves as a balanced tonal foundation for the pickups, the Maple neck adds some crisp brightness to give notes plenty of immediacy and snap.
Compound Radius Fingerboard
A great feature of the Tom Morello Stratocaster is its 9.5"-14" compound radius Rosewood fingerboard. More rounded at the lower frets to make chords easier to play, the fingerboard flattens out towards the higher register to offer a faster and more controllable feel. This type of design also prevents string bends from "fretting out". And on the subject of frets, the Morello Strat comes fitted with 22 medium-jumbo frets for modern playability.
Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Pickup
The Fender Tom Morello "Soul Power" model is like a Strat on steroids. Equipped with a pair of Vintage Noiseless single-coils in the neck and middle positions for classic Strat tones without the hum, the Fender Tom Morello signature guitar get its hair-raising sounds from its Seymour Duncan Hot Rails bridge pickup. Essentially a humbucker in single-coil form, this punchy pickup is practically made for use with overdrive and distortion.
Tom Morello is perhaps most well-known for pioneering the "kill-switch" effect. By turning down the volume of one pickup and then flicking the toggle switch repeatedly to create a stuttering tremolo sound, the Fender Tom Morello Strat comes installed with a dedicated kill-switch toggle that enables on-the-fly, on/off fun!
Floyd Rose Tremolo
A recessed Floyd Rose locking tremolo not only keeps your tuning rock-solid, but also allows you to recreate Morello's crazy note-bending effects. Dive-bomb and flutter to your heart's content, with a set of locking tuners further adding to the Morello Strat's staggering stability.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" to 14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- String Nut: Floyd Rose FRT 02000 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.675" (42.5 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Strat SHR-1B
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Mirrored Chrome
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)