Sequential Prophet-10 Synth
More stock due on Thu 11th Aug 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 3599 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The original Prophet-5 was arguably the most popular synth that Sequential ever produced. This analog poly synth left a truly unique stamp on the face of music and technology; it was a timeless piece of instrumental design. Now, to mark Dave Smith's 70th year, the Prophet-5 has been reintroduced for a modern-day audience. This faithful reproduction marks a return to the brand's origins - delivering the same authentic sound and road-worthy style that put the initial model on the map.
The Prophet-10 is a 10-voice variant of this classic synth - boasting the very same sought-after design and versatile sound engine.
All three revisions found on the now legendary synth have been included: Rev1, Rev2 and Rev3. This has been made possible via genuine Curtis analog filters and VCOs, further bolstered via brand new 2140 low-pass filters (which were meticulously created by Dave Rossum). You can then swap between the contrasting filter designs using the dedicated 'Rev' switch. This use of genuine hardware offers a performance that mirrors that of the original.
A complete, five-octave, semi-weighted Fatar keyboard forms the backbone of the synth. It boasts MIDI, USB, Gate and CV ins/outs - offering a host of useful connectivity options. All of this is encased in a rustic-looking, sustainable walnut heartwood, providing a premium look that matches its premium sound and playability. The housing is has been finished using careful steel and hand-oiling techniques.
The Vintage Knob & Poly Mod
Part of the Prophet-10's initial intrigue was the almost random nature of the frequencies and response times of separate envelopes, filters, VCOs, and amplifiers from each voice. These were all sprinkled with a now instantly recognisable dynamic, warm and nuanced sound. As a result of this, Sequential decided to incorporate the 'Vintage Knob' in an effort to retain the very same character and feel. This knob can be used to select just how random you want your sounds to become.
Poly Mod also played a part when it came to the Prophets sound - so once again, Sequential have incorporated it here. Your modulation sources come in the form of Oscillator B and Filter Envelope. The destinations are the likes of Oscillator A pulse width, Oscillator A frequency and low-pass filter. This all allows for a depth and breadth of sound creation that is almost mind-boggling.
Shape & Program
Moulding your ideal sound is made easy via simple programming functions. This is done through the knob-per function front panel - which offers a streamlined, hands-on layout for intuitive tonal crafting. With 200 rewritable programs (encompassing the same 1978 40-program suite which was used on a multitude of hit tracks and film soundtracks) and 200 permanent factory programs, there's plenty of scope here for serious creativity.
Even though the aim of the Prophet-10 was to faithfully recreate the original model, Sequential have included a few updated features to suit the needs of the most discerning modern-day synth enthusiast. Aftertouch and velocity sensitivity provide you with far more expression. This wasn't possible with the classic Prophet. From LFO mod, to volume changes and filter sweeps, you've got even more options and avenues available to you than ever before.
NEW: Operative System 2.0 upgrade adds new power to the Prophet 10
Sequential have just announced a new OS update that broadens the sonic horizon of the Prophet 10. Upgrading to version 2.0, Prophet owners will enjoy bi-timbral, stack and split capabilities. You will now be able to stack two programs to create more complex soundscapes. Each program is allocated 5 voices of polyphony, allowing 5-note bi-timbral operation. Alternatively, you can split the keyboard into two separate performance zones, each with a different program.
- Two authentic CEM 3340 VCOs per voice
- Simultaneously selectable wave shapes. Oscillator A: sawtooth, pulse. Oscillator B: sawtooth, triangle, pulse.
- Pulse width per oscillator
- Hard sync: oscillator 1 syncs to oscillator 2
- Low frequency mode (oscillator 2)
- Keyboard tracking on/off (oscillator 2)
- Oscillator 1 amount
- Oscillator 2 amount
- White noise amount
- Four-pole, resonant, low-pass filter per voice
- Switchable between authentic versions of the Prophet-5 Rev1/2 filter and Prophet-5 Rev3 filter
- Rev1/2 filter is a Dave Rossum-designed 2140, the modern counterpart of the original 2040 filter found in the Prophet-5 Rev1 and Rev2
- Rev3 filter is a Doug Curtis-designed CEM 3320
- Filter can be driven into self-oscillation with the Resonance control
- Keyboard tracking: off, half, full
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Velocity modulation of envelope amount
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Velocity modulation of envelope amount
Low Frequency Oscillator
- Three wave shapes: sawtooth, triangle, square. All waveshapes can be engaged simultaneously
- Both Initial Amount and mod wheel control
- Mod destinations: oscillator A frequency, oscillator B frequency, oscillator A and B pulse width, filter cutoff
- Sources: filter envelope and oscillator B
- Destinations: oscillator A frequency, oscillator A pulse width, filter cutoff
- Recreates the characteristics of various Prophet-5 models by varying the behaviour of oscillators, envelopes, amplifiers, and other parameters. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, (the new version) — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
- Channel (mono) aftertouch
- Destinations: filter cutoff frequency, LFO amount
- Full-sized, semi-weighted, premium Fatar 5-octave keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Mod wheel
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel with selectable range per program (1 to 12 semitones up and down)
- Polyphonic glide (portamento)
- Unison (monophonic) mode with configurable voice count, from one to all five voices (10 voices for Prophet-10) and key modes
- Preset switch: when off, the front panel is live; what you see is what you hear
- 200 user and 200 factory programs in 5 banks of 40 programs each
- Direct program access, including Prophet 5-style single-button access to the current set of 8 programs
- Mono output (1 x 1/4” phone jack)
- Headphone output (stereo, 1/4” phone jack)
- MIDI in, out, and thru ports
- USB for bidirectional MIDI communication
- Control voltage in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack) 0- +5V input/output signal. Configured for 1-volt-per-octave operation.
- Gate in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack). Accepts a 1.5 to 15-volt on/off signal to gate the envelopes of a single voice on the Prophet-5. Outputs a 15-volt on/off used to gate the envelopes of an external synth.
- Low-pass filter cutoff expression pedal input
- Volume expression pedal input
- Sustain footswitch input
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- 37.5” L x 16.4 W x 4.9" H (95.25 cm x 41.6 cm x 12.4 cm)
- 31 lbs (14.06 kg)
- Roadworthy all-steel construction with premium black walnut heartwood body and trim
- Key Action
- Semi Weighted
- Key Size
- Full Size
- Number of Keys
- Keyboard Type
- Built-in Effects
- CV Compatible
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Trusted Customer12th Jun 2022
Mr Anthony Richardson7th Nov 2021
Mr Robert Jarvis28th Sep 2021
Mr Tom Dickinson25th Feb 2021
Trusted Customer14th Jan 2021
Trusted Customer16th Dec 2020
Mr Stephen Banbury15th Dec 2020
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable