Teenage Engineering OP-1 Field
A Worthy Successor to the Iconic OP-1 - with 100 New Features
More stock due on Wed 31st Aug 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 1999 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Please Note: The TX-6 Field Mixer pictured is not included with the OP-1 Field.
Teenage Engineering's first synth - the OP-1 - initially hit shelves in 2011. Almost overnight, this portable powerhouse developed a more-than justified reputation as an essential piece of gear that any self-respecting producer, sound designer or artist shouldn't be without. Ten years may have passed since its release, yet demand for the OP-1 has remained consistently high.
Now, with over a decade of firmware updates, engineering ingenuity and advances in technology under their belts, Teenage Engineering return to centre stage with the latest iteration of their cult classic: the OP-1 Field. But what are the main surface-level differences when compared to its predecessor? How does a new field-specific colourway, low aluminium frame, glass screen and 100 exciting new features and functions sound? For a deeper dive, check out some of the key enhancements and additions below!
- 'Field' colour palette
- 24 hour battery life (increased from 16 hours)
- Full UI overhaul
- Sleek aluminium construction
- 32-bit audio across the signal chain
- Reinforced Glass hi-res flush display (with adjustable brightness)
- Increased 256MB of onboard memory
- Additional drum kit packs
- Reverb effect: Mother
- Synth engine: Dimension
- Upgraded speaker (with passive radiator)
- In-built FM radio transmission (with detailed country settings)
- Receive and Transmit via an integrated FM antenna
- Record with 8 swappable tapes
- Four unique tape styles
- MFI - iPhone USB MIDI and Audio Connectivity
- Updated original patches
- Twenty extra preset synth patches
- More precise sample editing
- Low-energy Bluetooth (for wireless MIDI)
- Stereo drum sampler engine
- Stereo synth sampler engine
- 160+ minutes of sample storage
- Stereo mixdown from drum and synth to stereo tape tracks
- Enhanced drum envelope (with improved transient control)
- Drum sample stacking
- Stereo audio input processing
- Upgraded tape looping
- Headset microphone support via 4-pole audio jack
- Fully configurable MIDI filtering
- Dedicated volume setting per patch
- Afterburner ground loop noise supressor
- Dual BLE antennas offering better wireless operation
- Enhanced in-built microphone
- Tape name editor
- Encoder click function
- External velocity LFO
- Up to 500 user patches
- Adjustable pitch bend range
- BLE advertising toggle, central for connecting controller and connection list view
- Click to hold sequencer
- Custom volume encoder (with hi-resolution) and custom MIDI settings for any connected equipment
- Dual purpose USB type C connector
- High-fidelity headphone output
- More accurate tap tempo through better averaging
- Hi-res accelerometer
- Improved hi-res equaliser with better interpolation and input signal to LFO with smoother envelope
- Extra random LFO target settings
- Improved tombola simulation accuracy
- More factory sequencer presets
- Better line in signal quality
- New keyboard module
- New square and sawooth LFO shapes
- Save sync and tempo parameters with tapes
- Enhanced acoustic side shooting loudspeaker grill
- USB audio/MIDI host
- Stereo cluster synth engine
- Stereo digital synth engine
- Stereo FM synth engine
- Stereo Phase synth engine
- Stereo pulse synth engine
- Stereo string synth engine
- Stereo voltage synth engine
- Stereo tape tracks
- OB-4 compatibility with FM TX or wire
- Wireless MIDI connectivity to TX-6 and OP-Z
- USB Audio/MIDI connectivity to TX-6, OP-Z and OP-1
OP-1, but Better
It's hard to improve on greatness, but Teenage Engineering have managed it here. Building on the solid design principles of the original, the OP-1 Field is slimmer and lighter than the OP-1, with a lowered aluminium body encasing the floating keyboard. They've even managed to squeeze a dual 2.4 GHz antenna system into the streamlined form factor.
Other exciting augmentations include Bluetooth MIDI, 32-bit audio, stereo across the entire signal chain, and a new synth engine (Dimension) and reverb effect (Mother). Powerful, accurate, all-encompassing sound is delivered from a new speaker containing a passive driver.
Sensational Stereo Sample Engine
The OP-1 Field is bolstered further with the addition of a new stereo sample engine. Use dual layer mode to immediatley mix your A and B channels and harness up to 20 seconds of total sampling time. You'll have 160+ minutes of sample storage available too!
Experiment with four completely new recording formats (Vintage 4-track, Porta, Studio 4-track and Disc Mini) - each featuring contrasting graphics and entirely unique sonic signatures.
The Field System
Combine the OP-1 Field with the TX-6 Field Mixer and take control of an extremely portable, powerful and professional performance and recording rig. With an upgraded 24-hour battery life (rechargable via USB-C) and flexible connectivity options, take it anywhere and get creative wherever inspiration strikes! Connect with your macOS, iOS or Windows device and get going in an instant.
- Number of Keys
- Built-in Effects
- Teenage Engineering
- Built-in Speakers
- Key Action
- Audio Playback
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable