The X1S is the latest innovation in the hugely popular sE Electronics X1 series. Since its release in 2010, the X1 has been the first choice for producers that want a hand crafted, versatile microphone on a budget. Praised for its dynamic range and powerful SPL handling capabilities, the X1 is an ideal choice, especially when you combine its performance and value. The X1S offers improvements over the X1; enhanced in almost every way, while remaining just as affordable as the now classic X1 design. Like it's predecessor, the X1S gets it's impressive performance characteristics through a hand-crafted 1" true condenser capsule. Built by expert technicians, each capsule is tuned to make sure that the microphone you buy will be able to capture the minute details of your performances in its recordings.
The X1S has newly designed electronics that keep noise to an absolute minimum. The original X1 was quiet, but this new ultra low noise design makes the X1S one of the quietest mics at this price point. This means that you can capture even the most sensitive instruments and quiet voices without tearing your hair out trying to balance the level! As well as being able to handle the quietest of instruments, the X1S also now handles the loudest instruments with ease. The mic offers both -10dB and -20dB pad switches so that you can close mic even the loudest of sources (like a guitar cabinet) without fear of clipping. Also included is the option of 2 switchable low cut filters at 80Hz or 160Hz, so that you can easily take control of a wayward low end, deal with the proximity effect or just cut out external background noise.
The X1S comes complete with a rock-solid, newly designed swivel mic clip and thread adaptor to fit with any mic stand. The mic offers an all metal housing, which not only looks great, but also protects it from any electrical interference and noise. What's more, the XLR connector is now gold plated. This means you'll get the most reliable, loss free connection possible.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 30 mV/Pa (-30.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 140 / 150 / 160 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 131 / 141 / 151 dB (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended Load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 6 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 58mm (2.28 in), Length 169mm (6.65 in)
- Weight: 445 g