The Sun Valley series goes back in time to Schecter's roots, when the company was known as a premium guitar mod shop. Letting the hair metal shredders of the era upgrade their tame Strats with high-output pickups and locking tremolo systems, the Sun Valley Super Shredder III is a pure-bred Superstrat on steroids!
With an assortment of high-end features and refinements to meet the demands of modern players, Schecter have really gone to town with this instrument - giving you the ultimate rock machine.
A Mahogany body gives this guitar a substantial feel and weight, providing a darker tone with plenty of definition in the mid-range. Finished in a vibrant Riviera Blue, this guitar will draw in lots of attention not just for its excellent tones, but also for its bright and elegant looks.
A 'thin C' neck profile provides great comfort, thick enough for easily strumming chords but also slim enough to give you amazing playability for leads. Constructed of Maple, you can expect a snappy response with plenty of attack when playing fast intricate riffs or complex solos. And with 24 extra-jumbo frets, your fingers will simply fly up and down the fretboard.
Hardware and Electronics
The Floyd Rose Special tremolo will ensure optimal tuning stability, even after the most brutal of divebombs and flutters. The thick-sounding EMG Retro Active Hot 70 humbucker will handle high-gain all day long, but the party piece of this guitar is its Sustainiac in the neck, giving endless sustain to notes. Operated with two small switches, allowing you to turn the sustain function on and off, the second switch can generate harmonic overtones to give you singing artificial feedback!
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special 'Hot Rod' Locking Tremolo (Schecter Exclusive)
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple
- Inlays: Offset/Reverse Dots
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 14” (355mm)
- Nut: Floyd Rose Special
- Nut Width: 1.625” (41.3mm)
- Tuners: Schecter
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: EMG Retro Active Hot 70
- Neck Pickup: Sustainiac®
- Controls: Volume/Volume/3-Way (Pickup) Switch/2-Way On-Off Sustainiac Switch/3-Way Sustainiac Mode Switch (Fundamental-Mix-Harmonic)
- Battery Compartment: Double 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Hardware Color: Black
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky #2222 (.009-.046)