Don’t underestimate its sleek, streamlined construction; the Satellite is a broadcast quality iOS/USB mic. Its designed to capture audio in impressive clarity from your iPhone, iPad, laptop or computer.
What’s the Use?
This mic lends itself well to content creation, streaming, podcasting, gaming, voiceovers and even recording music. This is because its extremely easy to use. Simply plug it in to your device and you’re good to go! It’s fold-back leg build makes it extremely portable too. The Satellite is the perfect creative travel companion.
24-bit/96kHz audio makes for crisp, clear audio that sounds excellent. This is made possible through the pair of high-quality 16mm condenser capsules. They capture the warmth of a vocal with great detail – not to mention the precise frequency response that comes with it. An integrated shockmount works by separating the capsule itself from the mics body. This reduces vibrations, rumble and handling noise.
Zero-latency via the headphone jack means no delay whatsoever between the audio being recorded and what you’re actually hearing. This makes accurate referencing an absolute breeze. An intuitive monitor switch allows you to turn off direct monitoring if you want to as well; you’ll still be able to hear the audio from your laptop or device.
Select Your Pattern
Choose from three contrasting polar patterns: omnidirectional, figure-8 and cardioid. Each one allows you to quickly swap the pickup style to suit whatever you’re trying to record. Figure-8 works well if two people are sharing the mic; cardioid is the most well-rounded, making it good for capturing vocals, podcasts and streaming; omnidirectional works best when there are multiple people or sources positioned around the microphone.
- iOS & USB broadcast quality mic.
- Includes USB and USB to lightning cables.
- A fold-back leg construction lets you position the mic as you see fit.
- Mute switch.
- 1/8" stereo headphone output (with a level control for zero-latency monitoring).
- Frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz.
- 24-bit/96kHz resolution.
- Plugs in to your iPad, iPhone, PC or Mac.
- Designed for recording music, voiceovers, gaming, podcasting and streaming.
- Select from omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8 polar patterns.
- Dual 16mm condenser capsules.
- Weight: 0.34kg
- Dimensions: 8.6" x 4.3" x 1.7"
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Grille Material: Steel
- 3-Colour Power/Clip/ Mute LED
- Controls: Monitor On/Off, Headphone Volume, Mute, Polar Pattern
- Headphone Power Output: Minimum 38mW @ 32Ω
- Headphone Output/Impedance: 1/8" (3.5mm)/32 Ω
- Digital Output: USB
- Bit Depth/Sample Rate: 24-bit/up to 96kHz
- Max. SPL: 135dB SPL at 200Hz
- Sensitivity (Every Polar Pattern): -3dB FS @ 80dB SPL (at maximum gain)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional), bidirectional, omnidirectional
- Diaphragm Width/Thickness: 16mm/3 microns
- Element Type: Electret Condenser