The Roland VERSELAB MV-1 is a highly intuitive complete music production tool that helps you to create entire songs from a simple demo, right on through to the end polished product. With everything you need in one place, this is the ideal portable production studio for modern-day music makers.
Record, tweak and finalise your tracks using a smart workflow that makes the creation process simple, yet fun. Capture vocals, craft drum beats, basslines, melodies and more - mixing and mastering every element entirely within the box.
This makes music production an even more accessible experience; usually you need lots of different gear to get started - now all you need is the VERSELAB. It doesn't matter whether you're a beginner or an experienced producer either. Beat making and vocal recording is made easy thanks to pattern generators, a range of song templates and integrated guidance which ensures you remain focused on the end goal.
Vocals & Beats
Recording and refining a vocal has never been so easy. Using the premium XLR mic input, capture your singing and apply onboard effects like doubler, auto-pitch and more. Arrangement is effortless too - simply copy and paste your takes wherever you want them within your track.
But what's a great vocal performance without great instrumental backing? Luckily, the VERSELAB is packed with over 3000 high quality sounds sourced from iconic Roland instruments from the past like the TR-808 and SP-404. All of these offer the best possible audio fidelity too, as the VERSELAB harness the ZEN Core Synthesis System (Roland's most advanced sound engine yet).
And if that's not enough for you, you can expand this sound library even further. Simply open up Roland Cloud and select from thousands of extra sounds that are just waiting to be used in your productions.
You'll be making your music via the combination of a responsive 4x4 RGB-lit pad layout, a TR-REC step sequencer, and a set of tactile buttons and knobs. From here you'll be developing your individual parts with absolute ease.
- Create entire songs from the ground-up.
- Flexible connectivity options - dual headphones jacks, MIDI I/O, stereo 1/4-inch I/O etc.
- Integrated mic and XLR mic input (with phantom power).
- Powered through USB or a mobile battery - create anywhere, anytime.
- Various mastering and mixing effects to choose from.
- Compatible with the Roland Zenbeats app.
- Works with your computer/laptop, tablet or smartphone - allowing for quick file transfer and uploading your final tracks etc.
- Generators and songwriting tools offer a solid composition starting point.
- TR-REC step sequencer and 4x4 pads let you craft basslines, melodies and drum parts.
- 3000+ modern sounds (curated by the minds behind the TR-808.
- Vocal recordings can be augmented with effects such as doubler, harmoniser and auto-pitch.
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Track Type: Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- Tracks: 7 tracks and 1 vocal track
- Sections: 16 sections
- Vocal Take: 16 takes
- Step Sequencer: Maximum Step: 128 steps
- Looper: Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines LCD (with backlit)
- External Storage: SD card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Looper: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- Vocal Take: 16 (varies according to the vocal take size)
- Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
- Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing from SD card
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD card, recording via EXT IN/Tracks
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Track EQ
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- PHONES jacks: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT IN (L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC IN: XLR type (phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max.)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- AC adaptor
- Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- 2,000 mA (AC adaptor)
- 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- AC adaptor
- SD card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD card protector