Roland are one of the most well known and respected drum machine manufacturers in the entire business. Their range of innovative instruments has left an indelible mark on recorded music, with their most famous models (like the 808) forming the backbone of iconic tracks across hip-hop, soul, pop, alternative rock and more. Enter the TR-8S Rhythm Performer Drum Machine: the latest evolution of the brands' tried and tested creative formula.
Old Meets New
The history and character of Roland's storied past has been distilled into this truly modern piece of gear, combining old-school sensibilities with cutting-edge sound design and production methods. This has led to a drum machine that is in its absolute element while you're performing, or simply just exploring and experimenting in the studio.
An extensive sound library has been incorporated into the TR-8S. It contains faithful recreations of every sound ever included as part of the companies most legendary TR models; with meticulously engineered circuit models of the 727, 707, 909, 606 and 808 all packed in. Every one of these respective machines has been painstakingly modelled on the exact architecture of their predecessor - meaning they operate and sound completely like the original!
A versatile and powerful processor forms the backbone of this instrument. It delivers better detail, nuance and performance than ever before! It's now also possible to harness both custom and preset samples, providing you with the tools required to craft multi-layered kits. These can then be tweaked and altered further via a range of exciting effects, each of which will no doubt enhance your sound design capabilities. Hands-on controls make the process and absolute breeze.
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 409 mm x 263 mm x 58 mm
- Accessories: AC Adaptor
- Power (Power Supply): AC Adaptor, Current Draw = 2,000 mA
- Connectors: Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4-Inch Mix Out (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4-inch, Assignable Out/Trigger Out, XT In (L/Mono, R) Trigger Out Jack: Miniature Phone Type, MIDI (In, Out) Connectors, USB Port, DC In Jack
- External Storage - SD Card (SDHC Supported) for Backup/Restore Function and Import Sample Data
- Display - 16 Characters, 2 Line (Backlit LCD) 7 Segments, 4 Characters (LED)
- Step Sequencer - 11 Instrument Parts and 1 Exclusive Part for Trigger Out. 16 Steps Per 1 Variation. 8 (A – H) Variations Per 1 Pattern. 2 Fill-In Patterns Per 1 Pattern