The TD-27KV is another smash-hit entry from Roland in the V-Drums series. A powerful TD-27 sound engine paired with realistic and responsive pads/cymbals has produced a kit with acoustic feel in an electronic guise.
Acoustic Feel, Electronic Sensibilities
Larger cymbals and pads with mesh heads make this kit feel like a traditional version. You’ll be instantly comfortable behind it. The multi-ply mesh heads offer excellent sensitivity and responsiveness; there’s even the option of adjusting the tension levels to suit your rebound preferences.
Digital pad technology applied to the snare and ride cymbal results in even greater realism. They pick up the tiniest nuances of your playing, projecting it in impressive detail. This is due to speedy processing and a number of sensors which guarantee you can play techniques usually reserved for your acoustic kit. Rim shots, ghost notes and cross stick strikes are all possible on the snare. Subtle muting of the ride can be achieved simply by touching the bow too!
Prismatic Sound Modelling
The TD-27 sound module is packed chock full of drums which faithfully recreate their acoustic counterparts. These sounds have been produced in the best possible way too. An extensive sampling process of various cymbals, percussion and drums (encompassing modern and vintage) took place in some of the best recording studios in the world. These were then seasoned with Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modelling. This process helps to bring the drums to life with a behaviour and response that mirrors true acoustic sets.
PureAcoustic Ambience Tech
This new technology produces authentic, all-encompassing sound – no matter the kind of drum kit you select on the module. You can tweak the finest of details as well. Change the position of the microphones on each set; use the overhead mic simulator and find the perfect overall tones; harness the power of built-in audio effects and mixing tools (including compressors, EQ’s, reverbs, delays etc) to craft your ideal drum sound.
Build custom kits from the ground up to suit a wide range of musical scenarios. Intuitive controls ensure you can select and edit each characteristic of your kit – right down to the most minute features of each drum and cymbal. Change the tuning, add dampening, switch out the head type, increase/decrease the tension of your snare wire, swap the kick beater material. Anything you usually do on an acoustic set can be done here!
Any edits you do make are saved immediately. Experiment even further by layering any samples you’ve uploaded with the onboard sounds from the module.
A variety of connections benefit both studio and live use. The TD-27 module boasts stereo outputs for the complete drum sound. There are then two direct outputs for sending the snare and kick to an external mixing console. This is ideal for onstage performances.
An in-built USB audio interface is ideal for music production. There are 28 audio channels available to you over just one cable! MIDI is supported too; you can either connect via a dedicated I/O, or simply using USB. Triggering sounds in your computer software is both simple and extremely fun.
Work on Your Chops
Onboard practice modes help you to develop your technique, all while tracking your overall progress. A metronome works to improve your timing; you can even record your playing on the fly and listen back to it. This is super useful if you want to pick out precisely what you need to improve on! In-built Bluetooth lets you play along with your favourite tracks from a laptop or mobile phone.
Thanks to three auxiliary trigger inputs you can expand the potential of your kit. Build your perfect setup by adding extra cymbals and toms for even more percussion options.
- 14" x 4.3" Stainless-Steel Snare
- x 3 10" Toms
- 12" Hi-Hat Cymbals
- 18" Ride
- 12" Crash
- 13" Crash
- TD27 Module
Please note: the TD27KV does not include a snare stand, hi-hat stand or bass drum pedal.
- Improve your drumming chops using the onboard practice functions.
- Built-in Bluetooth allows you to play along to your favourite tunes via a laptop or smartphone.
- Expand your kit using three auxiliary trigger inputs.
- A 28-channel USB audio interface allows for professional level music production.
- Import custom WAV samples using an SD card.
- Two assignable outputs and a stereo mix output let you send separate drum sounds to a PA system.
- Select and craft drum sounds via the hands-on interface.
- PureAcoustic Ambience Technology lets you place your drums into realistic sounding spaces.
- The large mesh head pads and cymbals offer a playing experience comparable to an acoustic kit.
- Both the 14" snare and 18" ride cymbal offer high-res, multi-sensor triggering. They deliver accurate positional detection of each strike and excellent dynamics.
- Best in class sound is generated by the TD-27 sound module, featuring Prismatic Sound Modelling influenced by the renowned TD-50.