The SPD-SX sampling pad is a professional grade piece of equipment, that's for sure. It allows you to effortlessly trigger loops, custom samples and backing tracks, no matter whether you're performing live, or working away in the studio.
Built for the Pro's
Top-level drummers and percussionists are always looking for more capabilities and larger capacity. That's where the SPD-SX comes in. With 16GB of onboard memory, there's more than enough space; you can store up to 50 hours worth of mono samples! This means you'll have all of your sample library easily accessible inside the unit, without requiring the need for external memory.
This is one powerful creative tool. Multi-pad sampling is incredibly simple to get started with too. While you stream in audio via your smartphone or laptop etc, you can strike each pad at your designated start and end points to automatically truncate and assign that sample to the specific pad. This process is quick and user-friendly; you'll be making pad maps and multi-sampled phrases in no time at all.
Three multi-effects engines (one master processor, two which are assignable per kit) provide you with further tools. These can be harnessed in real-time using the hands-on, front-panel controls. Tweak the short looper, user-assignable effect, filter and delay parameters to experiment on-the-fly. If you feel that you need even more options, you can hook up to your laptop or computer and apply more effects to your samples using the plug-ins within Ableton Live Lite.
Ableton Live Lite
Included with the SPD-SX is a copy of Ableton Live Lite - software that gives you full control of your music production. It'll allow you to create your own custom samples and use the SPD-SX as a pad controller that's integrated with Ableton itself. It's also possible to stream audio from Ableton via the pad, and then alter the sound using the in-built master effects.
- Three integrated multi-effects processors deliver powerful, real-time processing - all while you perform!
- Import, assign and organise your samples quickly and easily by hooking it up to your computer using USB and the included Wave Manager software.
- Sample directly into the SPD-SX thanks to multi-pad sampling. All you need to do is strike a pad to get going.
- Contains nine, highly playable velocity sensitive rubber pads.
- Each pad is illuminated with an LED, allowing for accurate playing, even on the darkest of stages.
- Includes a license for Ableton Live Lite, benefitting your sample creation. Connect to your laptop or computer using a single USB cable.
- 16GB of internal memory can support up to 50 hours of mono sample storage - which is more than enough space!
- Alongside the master outputs, sub outputs allow you to monitor, or send separate pads to individual channels on a mixing desk.
- Route your internal click via the phones output and control it using a dedicated start/stop button and volume knob.
- Connect up to four other external pads.
- Sparkling Red Finish.
- Weight: 2.5 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 364 mm x 331 mm x 94 mm
- Accessories: AC Adaptor, CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, Preload Wave Data, USB Driver), Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-Audio, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 Dots
- Connectors: Phones Jack (Stereo 1/4-Inch), Master Out Jacks L/Mono/R (1/4-Inch), Sub Out Jacks L/Mono/R (1/4-Inch), Audio In Jacks L/Mono/R (1/4-Inch, with Line-Mic Gain Control), Trig In Jacks (1/4-Inch), Foot Switch Jack (1/4-Inch), MIDI Connectors (In/Out), DC In Jack, Computer Connector, USB Memory Connector
- Effects: Master Effects (21 Types), Equaliser, Kit Effect 1 (20 Types), Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- Built-In Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- Two External Trigger Inputs are Included, Letting you Connect up to Four Pads
- Max Polyphony: 20 Voices
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 10,000
- Sampling Time: Approximately 25 Hours in Stereo (50 Hours in Mono)
- Data Format: 16-Bit Linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kit Chain: 8 Chains (20 Steps per Chain)