Roland RD-800 Digital Stage PianoIncludes DP10 Sustain Pedal
The Roland RD-800 is Roland's new flagship stage piano and takes the crown from the hugely popular RD-700.
A Professional Standard Instrument
Featuring over 1000 sounds from tone wheel organs, through electric pianos, clavs, acoustic pianos, strings and literally hundreds more, The Roland RD series has earned it's place as one of the best stage pianos currently on the market. All the sounds have an authentic feel and response to ensure the ultimate live performance! Under the Ebony/Ivory feel keys is Roland's top of the line PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and cutting edge touch detection.
Along with the industry standard layering and splitting controls usually found on keyboards these days, one of the most powerful new features on the RD-800 is the 'Tone Colour' control. This powerful and innovative control is a single dedicated knob that gives you a dramatic sweep of usable sounds for each and every patch! This intuitive knob is programmed to do something different for every patch, to get the most varied and usable tones in each patch. Whether its inteligently changing the EQ for a darker/lighter sound, changing the stereo field or combining complimentary patches together with complete control over the blend, this control allows you to quickly transform your patch at the twist of a knob.
For this latest incarnation of the RD Series, Roland have also added a range of easy to access controls for tremolo and other modulation effects which form an integral part of keyboard tweaking to find the best sounds.
The RD-800 is the lightest ever RD stage piano at just 22kg, making it easier than ever to take on tour. Don't leave your best behind!
Music Radar Review
?A fantastically playable stage piano with top flight piano and EP sounds and excellent hands-on effect controls. Extremely well thought-out and inherits some powerful piano design technology from the V-Piano?.
Here's what Roland say about the RD-800 Stage Piano
The ideal stage piano should do several things exceptionally well; sound amazing, have a great keyboard action, and be able to handle life on the road without needing three people to carry it. We know all this because we've spent the last 25 years making stage pianos, and the RD-800 is our finest yet. Refined acoustic grand pianos are joined by vintage electric pianos, organs, synth sounds and many more, brought to life through our latest weighted hammer-action keyboard that plays like a dream. It's intuitive and easy to use onstage too, with a colour display, plenty of dedicated controls, including the new Tone Color function for dramatic sound manipulation from a single knob. And once the gig is done, you'll be happy that this is the lightest RD ever, weighing just under 22kg. Packed full of heavyweight features but light where it counts, the RD-800 is truly at home on stage.
- Professional stage piano with the acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine plus many other top Roland sounds and features
- Choose from a wide selection of acoustic pianos voiced for live playing, including a new Concert Grand tone derived from the V-Piano Grand, upright tones, and more
- Newly enhanced SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos and clavs with authentic vintage sound and feel
- Over 1100 additional sounds for versatility on stage, including Virtual Tone Wheel organs, vintage keys, modern synths, and many others
- Roland?s top-of-the-line PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, equipped with the latest touch-detection technology
- Intuitive interface designed for easy operation while performing, with fast access to essential functions such as tone layering, keyboard split point, and more
- Manipulate sounds quickly on stage via dedicated controls for Live Set selection, part levels, Modulation FX, Tremolo, Amp Simulator, and more
- Tone Colour knob provides complex tonal manipulation in real time with a single control
- Colour LCD and panel knobs with LED indicators provide easy visibility on dark stages
- WAV recording/song playback and user memory backup with optional USB flash memory
- Master MIDI keyboard controller features; four external pedal connections (Damper, FC1, FC2, and EXT)
- 1/4-inch and balanced XLR stereo output jacks; convenient 1/8-inch stereo input for connecting a music player or other device
- Sleek, durable design with reduced weight for easier transport