In 2015 launched the Blues Cube line and now they are expenading it with a new smaller version for those that play at home, in the studio or with small groups. Rated at 30w the solid state Roland Blues Cube Hot is the smallest member of the Blues Cube family but it still delivers the same tweed era tone.
All Of The Tone
Roland recently developed their Tube Logic technology. The idea is that these will be solid state amplifiers built like tube amps. Meaning the same high quality tone and response of a tube amp. The cleans are similar to what you would expect out of a classic tweed era amp with crystal cleans with the ability to get that on the edge of overdrive sound they are known for.
That is not all this amp can do though. Even with just one channel you can still dial in a decent amount of gain which again sounds just like a valve amplifier. None of that harsh and fizzy solid state overdrive here!
Solid State Stability
So one of the major issues with valve amps is how unreliable and fragile they are! Tubes are prone to failing and at the very least will need replacing about once a year. Solid state amps do not have that problem. They are no where near as fragile and need next no maintenance which is amazing. Can you imagine going on the road and not having to worry about your amp. That is what life with the Blues Cube is like.
Another key advantage of solid state amps is that they are so much lighter! In fact apart from the power transformer most of the parts will weigh next to nothing. That means you can take this amp to any gig without the back pain of having to carry that valve amp up 3 flights of stairs. No more back pain means you have more energy and flexability on stage.
Benefits Of Tube Logic
Because the amp uses Roland's Tube Logic circuit you have a lot of advantages over standard solid state amps. Besides helping with the tone this circuit also introduces features like variable power control which actually changes the tone like a real valve amp. Honestly what other not valve amp can say that!
Here's what Roland say about the Blues Cube Hot
With the 30-watt Blues Cube Hot, guitarists can tap into Roland's acclaimed Tube Logic tone in the most compact Blues Cube combo amp. It is ready to be carried from home out to studios and stages. It offers reduced size, weight, and functions but is still equipped with a 12-inch custom speaker with the powerful and rich tube tone of the Blues Cube.
Going far beyond modeling, Roland's Tube Logic design philosophy starts with carefully reproducing the inner workings of the revered tweed-era tube amp in every way, from guitar input to speaker output. Road-tested and fine-tuned with feedback from top players, the gig-ready Blues Cube delivers the sweet, magical tone and satisfying feel that makes a great guitar amp a highly expressive musical instrument.
- Performance-ready 30-watt compact combo guitar amplifier with authentic tube tone and touch response
- Roland's comprehensive Tube Logic design delivers the interactive tonal behaviors of famous fine-tuned vintage tube amps, including preamp and output tube saturation characteristics, power supply compression, and much more
- Master volume, three-band EQ, and onboard reverb, plus footswitchable Boost for natural crunch and Tone for bright presence
- Four-way Power Control (0.5 W, 5 W, 15 W, Max) allows for cranked-up tones at any volume
- Classic open-back design with custom 12-inch speaker and poplar cabinet for enhanced presence on stage
- Stylish, modern look with a vintage vibe
- Efficient, lightweight design provides easy portability without sacrificing tone