The NTG5 is a shotgun microphone aimed squarely at audio professionals. If you find yourself regularly recording on location, you’re a filmmaker, or you want to take your sound to the next level while on set, then the NTG5 is the ideal broadcast-quality solution. Alongside the mic itself, you’ll receive a pistol grip, mic clip, carrying case and a selection of durable windshields – resulting in a package that provides you with everything needed to get going right out of the box!
The NTG5 is built to thrive while recording on location. It can stand up to the fiercest of weather conditions thanks to its special conformal coating and RF-bias technology. This offers protection against moisture, dust, extreme cold and high levels of humidity. You can truly take this mic anywhere. It’s also incredibly lightweight. Weighing in at around just 76g, the mic boasts a compact footprint that makes it an especially portable option for sound recordists and boom operators looking for a professional rig that won’t cause fatigue during extended recording sessions.
An amazing high directional, supercardioid polar pattern paired with an off-axis response yields incredible audio whatever the scenario. Apply your mic to the supplied pistol grip or a boom pole and you’ll be sure to get the same excellent results. Further tight frequency response and low self-noise contribute further to this premium quality audio experience – resulting in a mic that is well suited to capturing dialogue and sound sources in just about any environment.
The construction of the NTG5 was carefully considered at every step of the design and build process. A sleek body features revolutionary circular acoustic ports. These innovative acoustic openings lead to better acoustic transparency, as well as a sound that remains uncoloured in any number of recording situations.
- x1 NTG5 Mic
- x1 PG2-R Pistol Grip
- x1 WS10 Windshield
- x1 Foam Windshield
- x1 ZP1 Pouch
- x1 RM5 Mic Clip
- x1 PG2-R Pro Cable
- Packages together the NTG5 shotgun microphone, two windshields, a mic clip, storage case, pistol grip and more. Everything you need to get started!
- RF-Bias tech paired with conformal coating – Guarantees top-level performance; the harshest weather conditions won’t pose an issue to your recording, no matter where you are.
- Acoustic design – improved, natural & uncoloured sound.
- Lightweight build, low self-noise, tailored frequency response – these features make the set perfect for location recording. It even works great on a boom pole!
- Acoustic Principle: RF-bias condenser
- Active Electronics: RF-bias demodulation
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid shotgun (highly directional, off-axis response)
- Frequency Range:20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response:80 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB
- Output Impedance:25 Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio:84 dB
- Equivalent Noise:10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL @ 1%THD:130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)
- Power Requirements:2 mA @ 48V phantom power
- Sensitivity: -23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): NTG5PG2-R203 x 19 117 x 60 x 240
- Weight: NTG5PG2-R76g224g