Polyphia are an instrumental band all about style, brashness, audacity - and most important of all when it comes to guitars - serious taste. Scott LePage's signature Ibanez serves up quality and bold aesthetic in equal measure.
The SLM10 is a euphoric combination of classy woods. Set on a heavily cutaway basswood body, the quilted red maple top is a real stunner. Ibanez put the maple neck and fretboard through a torrefaction process, draining the wood of moisture and unwanted resin. This leaves the roasted maple smooth, sturdy and truly exquisite to play.
Equipped with Scott's signature DiMarzio bridge pickup, the SLM10 covers huge tonal ground. The IGNO humbucker sounds nasty - in a very good way. It captures plenty of mid frequency presence and searing lead tone. Meanwhile, the True Velvet single coil pickups in the middle and neck positions add classic vintage grit and nasal chime. You'll hear them all over Polyphia's discography.
Could it be a Polyphia guitar without gold hardware? The SLM10 is both classy and flashy at the same time. The Gotoh tremolo bridge can take a real beating, so you can pull of all the divebombs and flutters you want without a second thought. The Graph Tech nut is equally important in holding tune and killing unwanted buzz at the headstock without locking hardware. It also houses glow in the dark side dots so you know what you're doing on a dark stage.
Body & Neck
- Neck type: AZ Oval C Roasted Maple neck
- Top/back/body: Quilted Maple topAmerican Basswood body
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple fretboardWhite dot inlay
- Frets: Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
- Nnumber of frets: 22
- Side dots: Luminescent
- Scale length: 25.5"
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Gotoh T1502 tremolo bridge
- Neck pickup: DiMarzio True Velvet (S) neck pickup Passive/Alnico
- Middle pickup: DiMarzio True Velvet (S) middle pickup Passive/Alnico
- Bridge pickup: DiMarzio IGNO (H) bridge pickup Passive/Alnico
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Hardware colour: Gold
- Gigbag included