Returns & Exchanges
- Flexible, stress-free returns, repairs & exchanges policy
- Return an item within 14 days in new condition and get a full refund*
- Repairs carried out swiftly by a dedicated repairs team
- All items purchased new come with a 12 month warranty
- In-store workshop for guitar servicing & repairs
*Conditions and exceptions apply. Please see below for details
Returning A Faulty Item
If an item develops a fault, the first step is to call our store team on 01483 456777. You will then be put through to a product specialist in the field of your product. The product specialist will ask you a few questions and troubleshoot the fault to see if it can be fixed without being returned. With certain products there are a number of solutions that can be tried in order to resolve a fault without going through Andertons or the product manufacturer.
- Check the manufacturer's product website for known issues
- Check the item's instruction manual for a troubleshooting section
- Check for visible marks which may suggest the item has been damaged
- Where applicable, ensure you have the latest drivers & software downloaded for hardware
- If an item works on a power supply or batteries, try using it on battery power only - the power supply itself may be at fault
- Remember not to use excessive force, or open items to try and repair them yourself. You will invalidate your warranty!
Return a faulty item now
If you are unable to resolve the problem yourself, please fill in our online returns form. A customer service representative will get back to you soon after you have submitted your returns request.
IMPORTANT: Please remember to take the name of any members of staff you have talked to about your repair, and give us as much information as possible about the condition of your item. This will help us to complete your repair as fast as possible.
What happens next?
You will be given a reference number which you should quote whenever contacting us about your repair. Depending on the nature of the repair, your item will be inspected in house and - if necessary - sent back to the manufacturer or a company specialising the repair of your product. Your item will be repaired or exchanged as they see fit. We will contact you to let you know when your repair is ready, and organise for you to collect your item, or for us to deliver your item to you. If your item develops a fault within the first 30 days of purchase, we will do our best to exchange your item instantly. Typically, all other repairs take 2-3 weeks. Exceptions to this turnaround time apply for certain manufacturers; you will be advised of any extended lead times on repairs.
If your item is within its warranty period, you will not have to pay to have your item collected, repaired and delivered back to you. If your item is outside of its warranty period, charges for parts, labour and delivery will apply. We will advise you of any charges before going ahead with your repair.
Unfortunately, we cannot cover the cost of collection or delivery for international repairs, even when items are within their warranty period.
Items Damaged in Transit
Please carefully inspect all items and do not sign for your package unless you are completely satisfied it has arrived in good condition. If you are unable to inspect your package, add a note alongside your signature to say that the item has not been inspected when you sign for it.
If you believe your item/s have been damaged in transit, please contact us within 48 hours to let us know. If you can see the item has not arrived in good condition, sign for the goods as DAMAGED.
Returning and exchanging unwanted items
- Items can be returned for a full refund if you contact us within 14 calendar days of receiving your item**
- Items can be exchanged for a similar item within 30 days of receiving your item**
- ** provided that the item is returned undamaged and in a condition that indicates you have subjected it to normal use only. Items should be returned as they were originally packaged as far as is possible.
- Items ordered especially at a customer's request may be returned or exchanged at the manager's discretion only.
- Items where there may be a hygiene concern if the product is used (e.g. microphones and earphones) may only be returned/exchanged if the packaging is factory sealed and unopened.
- Similarly, software and other licensed items may only be returned/exchanged if the product packaging has not been opened or tampered with in any way.
- We reserve the right to offer only a partial refund if the goods you are returning have been damaged, devalued or used otherwise in accordance to what would be deemed reasonable, normal use.
Delivery charges for returns and exchanges
Please note, unless your item is faulty, you will be liable for any delivery costs associated with your return/exchange. These costs will vary, but typically, the cost of a courier collecting goods from your door to return to us will cost £10-£20 for most items, but may be significantly more for very-heavy, bulky items like pianos.
Where orders incur a delivery charge, we only will refund you the cost of a standard delivery service for that item. We cannot refund any additional charges that you opt to pay to get a premium delivery service at the point of ordering e.g. Saturday delivery.
We cannot refund the original delivery cost for International orders outside of the EU.
Return or exchange an item now
The fastest way to arrange a return or exchange is to bring the item to our Guildford store with your receipt, or contact us by telephone or e-mail quoting your order number.
You may also complete a refund request form and post it to Returns & Exchanges, Andertons Music Co. 59 Woodbridge Road Guildford, GU1 4RF.
Refunds and exchanges will be processed within 14 calendar days of us receiving your returned item/s.
All items purchased new from Andertons come with a 12 month warranty against manufacturer defects. Additionally, many manufacturers offer extended warranties with their products. Please read the documentation that comes with your product regarding warranties as most manufacturers require you to register your product in order to make warranty claims.
Second hand items bought from Andertons come with a 3 month parts & labour warranty.
Andertons Recycling / WEEE Policy
From now on all new electrical products that can be recycled will carry the 'crossed out wheelie bin' to help you to remember to recycle them.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
Many 'local tips' have been upgraded to provide recycling for all kinds of goods including electricals. Contact your local council for your nearest recycling location or visit the website above and enter your postcode.
If you purchase a new product from Andertons, we can accept back your old product and will recycle it for you under the W.E.E.E scheme. This service is provided on a like for like basis i.e. the new item is a replacement for the item you are leaving with us. If you purchased in store - you can drop off the item for recycling up to 28 days from the date of new purchase. Mailorder and Internet Customers - if you want us to collect the new item when your new item is delivered, then please contact us on 01483 456711 or email email@example.com. For an additional charge (purely to cover the cost of the return to Andertons) we can arrange for your item to be recycled under this scheme.
For more information on the Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment recycling scheme, click here.