Based on Revv's Red channel, the G4 promises huge amp-quality tones that aren't for the faint-hearted. Building on the formula of their hugely popular G3 pedal, this looks set to become a new high-gain pedalboard staple.
Here's what Revv say:
Revv’s Red Channel 4 is a thick gain monster that still has the nuance to cover old-school tones. The G4 is an amp-voiced pedal based on this tone used by premier touring & recording guitarists worldwide.
Applying feedback we’ve received from the G3 – we’ve developed the polar opposite to its surgical, mid-forward Purple Channel voicing. The G4 is a great place to start for thick saturated amp-like tones & a complement to the G3 or any existing rig.
- Amp in a box - big distorted amp tone, organic feel, & 3 voicing options.
- Plays nice with - combos, heads, pedalboard rigs, in effects loops, w/ cab modelling.
- Form factor - Small Single-Space Enclosure
- Standard 9v power (center negative 9v external power supply only)
- Durable construction with top-mounted jacks, blue LED, laser etching
- Based on Revv’s Red Channel, the channel that started it all – huge, satisfying tone that still slices through a mix. This amp-voiced pedal lets you bring that tone to a pedal-platform amp, fly-rig, studio, or even just a tight budget.
- Rich, Wide, Fat Tone — If the G3 is a scalpel the G4 is a sledgehammer. You will find huge extended low & high end presence in this pedal with tons of gain on tap.
- Three Aggression Voices — Red for all out saturation & thickness. Great for fat leads & chunky rhythms. Blue reigns in extra frequencies a bit to tighten things up. Off will get you great classic tones, & dynamic blues breakup.
- New Versatile Tone Possibilities — The extra sag makes the G4 feel great & work for everything from modern metal to classic rock. It’s even an inspiring blues box with the gain rolled off!
- Build Your Own Tone — The G4 is a great way to build your own pedal-based rig around a clean amp, cab sim, or for studio use. Use with the G3 for rhythm + lead, crunch + high gain – & combine with your current favorite pedals.