The Gibson Non-Reverse Thunderbird Bass was first introduced in 1965. Based on the iconic stylings of US automobiles, the Non-Reverse Thunderbird had a sleek, futuristic design, similar to that of the Firebird guitar. It's huge, ballsy sound made it a popular choice for forward thinking musicians looking to stand out from the crowd, both on stage and in the studio.
New for 2021, the Gibson Non Reverse Thunderbird features a classic Mahogany body, Mahogany neck and Rosewood Fretboard. A pair of Thunderbird Rhythm and Lead pickups, each with independent volume control, deliver a multitude of thunderous, ground-shaking tones. The master tone control allows for further adjustment to your sound. The Non-Reverse Firebird has a three-ply white pickguard displaying the iconic Thunderbird logo, which elegantly offsets the block colour finish.
A 3-point adjustable bridge allows for accurate adjustments of the action and intonation, while a set of Hipshot® Ultralite® tuners deliver accurate and stable tuning. Historically, Thunderbird basses have suffered from being top heavy and the Hipshot® Ultralite® tuners help to keep the guitar balanced for a more comfortable playing experience.
The Gibson Non-Reverse Thunderbird is available in three historic finishes; Inverness Green, Faded Pelham Blue, and Sparkling Burgundy and comes in a hardshell case.
- Iconic Offset Design - The Thunderbird's instantly recognisable design will ensure you stand out when you're laying down your gut busting bass riffs!
- Thunderbird Pickups - These versatile pickups are capable of delivering any sound you may need. Independent volume controls allow you to use each pickup separately, or blend them together for even more sonic possibilities.
- Hipshot® Ultralite® Tuners - These lightweight tuners not only ensure optimal tuning stability, they also help to keep the guitar balanced.
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer - Gibson have been using Nitrocellulose or "Nitro" lacquer for decades. The Thunderbird's thin Nitro finish allows the wood to breath and the guitar to age nicely over time.
- Hardshell Case - Take you beloved guitar anywhere, safe in the knowledge it'll be protected againts bump, dings and heavy handed roadies!
- Body Shape: Non-Reverse Thunderbird
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.6"
- Inlays: Acrylic Dot
- Joint: Glued In
- Finish: Chrome
- Tuner Plating: Chrome
- Bridge: 3-Point Adjustable
- Tuning Machines: Hipshot Ultralite
- Pickguard: White 3-Ply with Thunderbird Graphic
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hat with Silver Inserts
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2 - Bottom and Shoulder
- Mounting Rings: Trim Ring (Lead Pickup Only)
- Bridge Pickup: Thunderbird Rhythm
- Neck Pickup: Thunderbird Lead
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Master Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: .045 .065 .085 .105
- Case: Hardshell Case