Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
When your resume includes work with Jeff Beck, The Who, Eric Clapton, Simon & Garfunkel and John Mayer, you're obviously doing something right! And when your bass is as special as legendary session bassist Pino Palladino's, it's no wonder Fender’s Custom Shop chose to reproduce it. The Pino Palladino '62 Precision Bass features a light alder body, a C-shape straight grain maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, custom-wound pickup, tortoise shell pickguard and Thomastik-Infeld® strings - Pino's signature bass is made to his exacting specifications.
When you’re one of the music world’s go-to-guys for bass tone you need a versatile guitar that’s reliable and sounds great. Fender’s custom shop have a great reputation for guitars that not only stand the test of time but can handle a heavy gigging schedule without issue.
Down to the last scratch and nick this guitar has been styled after Pino’s famous rig. The bridge cover screw holes are a reminder that the man himself did away with anything that got in the way of his fingers and each mark tells part of his story. Straight out of its case this bass looks like it’s been there, done that and has the marks to prove it.
The P-Bass is one of the most popular models for bass players across the genres. With great tone and a balanced response across the range it’s a real workhorse. Some of the world’s biggest bands rely on the tone of a precision to drive the rhythm section.
Fender Custom Artists
The world’s greatest artists have come to the Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. They are able to offer the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen. Each guitar gets the attention of a master craftsman so when you pick up a custom shop guitar you can see the difference.. They are simply flawless.
- Model Name: Pino Palladino Signature Precision Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Fiesta Red
- Model Number: 0158200840
- Series: Artist
- Color: Fiesta Red
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Thomastik-Infeld® Flatwounds, Gauges: (.043 .056 .070 .100)
- Unique Features: Vintage Styling, Shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
- Included Accessories: Vintage Tweed Hardshell Case, Strap, 4-Pack of Custom Shop Picks, Certificate of Authenticity