Focusrite 'The Hitmaker' Expansion Promo
The Hitmaker Expansion is a limited-time offer for new Clarett USB and Clarett OctoPre customers that delivers free access to premium software!
Full-version licences of Antares Auto-Tune Access, Relab LX480 Essentials, and XLN Addictive Drums 2: Focusrite Special join Clarett USB audio interfaces and their already stellar software suite, to form a feature-packed bundle of equipment that includes everything needed to write, record, produce and mix outstanding records!
- Antares Auto-Tune Access - Delivers the most streamlined experience for tuning vocals by combining the essential real-time pitch correction features of Auto-Tune with a simplified interface.
- Relab LX480 Essentials - Software emulation of one of the best-sounding reverbs ever created.
- XLN Addictive Drums 2: Focusrite Special - Meticulously recorded drums paired with beats played by amazing drummers, to edit into your music.
Already included software:
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC
- Red 2 & Red 3 EQ and Compressor
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle
- Focusrite Plug-in Collective Membership
- Ableton Live 10 Lite
The three-month offer runs from 1st October 2020 to 31st December 2020. Plug-in licenses are made available to eligible customers via Focusrite’s online customer portal, upon registering their new Clarett product.
Free Copy of Ableton Live Lite
You'll get a free download of Ableton Live Lite when you buy this product - it'll come with a serial download included. For more info on how to get your copy, head over to Ableton's website here. Enjoy!
The OctoPre introduces a whole new range of musicians and engineers to experience the Clarett series and the "Air" Mic preamps. Featuring that iconic rich red finish and a natural and open sound usually heard on preamps at a much higher price point, the Clarett OctoPre would be a fantastic addition to your studio if you're looking to increase your number of mic inputs.
'Air' enabled Mic Preamps
The Clarett OctoPre includes 8 of the 'Air' -enabled mic pres, but what's so special about them?
To design a new preamp for the Clarett series, Focusrite wanted to recreate the well-loved clean, rich and "airy" tone of their flagship transformer-based ISA heritage mic pres. With the Clarett preamps, they have managed to emulate this fantastic sound with plenty of headroom to record drums, guitars and any other high-level signal.
Yet you don't need to have this classic tone on all your instruments. The 'Air' effect can be switched in or out on a channel basis. So if you want more of a clear, natural tone with less vintage character, you have the option.
The OctoPre's 8 preamps are distributed like this: 2 on the front panel, both with instrument DI inputs. The other 8 inputs are found on the rear panel, and each can automatically switch to their own line-in input if plugged in.
Each channel features a balanced path from input to output with the exception of a relay–bypassed insert point allowing connection of EQ, compression or other outboard analogue processing to be permanently connected and accessed with the press of a button. In addition to being fed to the A–D converter, the input channels are available at the analogue outputs, from where they can, for example, be routed to a live mixing console while at the same time capturing the inputs digitally. The analogue outputs, which appear on a rear–panel DB25 wired to the AES59 standard, can alternatively be switched to pick up the ADAT inputs.
The Clarett OctoPre comes with a load of free software to help you produce great sounds. The Red Plug-in Suite recreates Focusrite's classic Red 2 Equalizer and Red 3 Compressor to provide you with clear, detailed and dynamic sound for excellent tonal control of your mix.
Also included is the Softube Time and Tone bundle which contains four plug-ins for adding effects or adjusting your mix. The TSAR-1R Reverb and Tube Delay are versatile effects that can be taken from natural and realistic to huge, dramatic sounds. The Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor is an enhanced multi-band compressor and the Saturation Knob is a simple plug-in for adding modelled distortion for a grittier and warmer sound.
On top of this you can download Focusrite Control to, as the name suggests, control your your Focusrite interface from your PC, Mac, or iOS device!
You'll also be able to take advantage of the Focusrite Plugin Collective. Every few months you'll be able to download free versions of innovative software as well as receive discounts exclusive to Focusrite customers. Find out more here.
Brainworx bx_console Plugin
Focusrite Clarett interfaces now come with the bx_console plugin designed DSP developers Brainworx! This Focusrite VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC recreates the sound of the classic Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules to bring some analogue character to your productions.
3 year warranty
All Focusrite products come with a 3 year warranty from the point of purchase, if bought after October 2016. Visit Focusrite's site for more infomation.
- 8 Clarett-style microphone preamplifiers with "air"- transmission emulation
- 8 Line outputs (signals from D/A converters or microphone preamp)
- 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion with up to 192 kHz sample rate
- Two ADAT INs/ OUTs: Eight channels with up to 96 kHz, four channels at 176.4/ 192 kHz
- Switchable insert with real bypass per channel
- Mic preamps and front instrument inputs with extra headroom
- 6-Segment LED meters and channel clip indicators
- 48 V Phantom power for all inputs
- Word clock in/ out and JetPLL jitter elimination
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 482 x 286 x 44.5 mm
- Weight: 4.15 kg