DBX 166XS Stereo Compressor
So many engineers these days do away with hardware effects and rely on plug-ins and software. Yet in a lot of situations, it is still much better to have a good quality piece of hardware to do the job. Compression is an invaluable tool in both live and studio situations to keep your levels under control. and you can't get much better than DBX.
The 166XS's transparent sound lends itself perfectly to guitars, drums, vocals, and virtually any other sound sources. the system features dbx auto mode which does most of the hard work for you to smooth uneven levels and tighten up mixes. Bright and easy-to-read LED indicators let you easily keep an eye on levels and gain reduction.
The 166XS also features a program-adaptive expander/gate on either channel, allowing you to achieve maximum clarity, and PeakStop limiters keep out-of-control peaks in line. No matter what situation you find yourself in, the DBX has a powerful feature set to ensure you get the sound you're looking for.
Here's what DBX say about the 166XS
Adding a dbx 166xs Compressor/Limiter/Gate to your live sound rig or studio gives you more dynamic control to help create a more polished, professional sound. Having compression in your audio chain gives you the ability to smooth out uneven levels, add sustain to guitars and fatten up your drums. It also makes it easy to bring vocals to the front of your mix - adding greater clarity and making them stand out from the surrounding instruments. To protect your expensive amps and speakers the PeakStop® limiter provides an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients that could damage your equipment.
dbx knows compressors...after all they invented them! The 166xs is the latest in a long line of the world's most successful compressors from the inventors of the technology. Its patented Overeasy® compression technology provides smooth and musical performance while the AutoDynamic attack and release controls, found only on dbx compressors, puts great sound within easy reach. The 166xs can operate in stereo or dual-mono modes, has true RMS power summing and features quality XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs. It cuts no corners on visual feedback with gain reduction metering and easy-to-read backlit switches.
- Error proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
- New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- Stereo or dual-mono operation
- Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors
- Side Chain insert
- Classic dbx® "Auto" mode
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery