The new HP4 from PreSonus answers the need for a headphone distribution amplifier with professional specifications in a small package at an affordable price. The HP4 features four discrete headphone outputs on the front panel each with its own volume potentiometer and 150mW of amplification per channel. The HP4 also features adjustment over control room monitors with a separate volume control, monitor mute switch and mono switch giving you an extremely powerful monitoring solution at an amazingly low price.
Here's What Presonus Say About the HP4
Now hear this!
Are you and your session players and bandmates tired of straining to hear underpowered headphones? We were too, so we created the HP4 headphone-distribution system. These headphone amps are louder than you’re ever likely to need for session and stage use, so be careful with that level control! Yet the sound is clear and clean, with a wide dynamic range. At last, everybody will be able to hear!
Simple and versatile.
Simplicity is the HP4’s hallmark. You get left and right line inputs, left and right line outputs with level control, and the four headphone outs. You can sum the stereo signals to mono, adjust the individual headphone levels, and mute the rear-panel Monitor outputs while leaving the headphone outputs active. So while the HP4 is simple to set up and use, it has all the features you need to create a versatile headphone system.
Compact and expandable.
The compact HP4 can sit on a tabletop or can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray (not included), where it requires just 1/3 rackspace. And if your needs grow, you can use the line outputs to feed the inputs of a second HP4 or the larger HP60 headphone amplifier. So quit struggling with mediocre headphone amps. Get the HP4 and hear everything loud and clear. You owe it to your music.
- 4 screaming-loud (150 mW per channel) stereo ¼” headphone outputs (front panel)
- 2 balanced ¼” line outputs (monitor outputs)
- 2 balanced ¼” line inputs
- Headphone level control for each channel
- Mono summing switch for each channel
- Monitor level control
- Monitor mute switch
- Daisy-chain multiple units via monitor outputs
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- External 16 VAC power supply
- TRS impedance: 10K ohms
- Headphone level: 1 to 12
- Monitor / feed output: - 80dB to + 10dB
- Mono switch
- Monitor / feed mute
- Power Supply
- Type: linear
- Input: 16VAC/1000mA
- TRS balanced: 51 ohms impedance
- THD+noise (unweighted): 0.002%
- Noise floor: -98dB
- Signal to noise: >95dB
- Power supply rejection: >98dB
- Power: 16 watts
- Weight: 5lbs.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 1.75
- Mounting: max rack and universal rack tray
- Chassis: steel
- Panel: brushed aluminum
- Sides: cast aluminum