- 2 x Yamaha HS8 Active Studio Monitor (Single Unit)
- 1 x Stagg SMOS-10 Studio Monitor Stand Set (PAIR)
The Yamaha HS8 Active Studio Monitor is a reference speaker perfect for mixing and monitoring in home studios and budget concious commercial ventures. The HS8 produces pristine audio perfect for critical recording studio applications and the white speaker cone evokes images of the legendary Yamaha NS10 studio monitors that have graced every major recording studio in the world!
Here's what Yamaha have to say about this speaker
As the successor to the highly acclaimed Yamaha HS80 studio monitors, the HS8 features newly developed transducers with an advanced magnetic field design that regulates the flow of magnetic response for seamless, natural sonic transitions. The dome tweeter utilises a thick wave guide to minimise vibration and deliver smooth, distortion-free high end while the ultra-responsive woofer produces low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end.
The monitor has been designed to eliminate unwanted noise, with a dense, resilient MDF enclosure with three-way mitred-joint corners to remove resonance, and a speaker port design that reduces audible noise up to 6dB, allowing the monitor to meet the demands of professional production environments.
The HS8 has two response controls to allow it to adapt to the surface acoustics of rooms of varying shape and size. Room Control attenuates the exaggerated low-end that comes from placing speakers next to walls, and High Trim allows for more flexible control of high frequency response.
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals