Adam A8X Active Nearfield Monitor
2-way Biamplified Monitor with 8.5" inch woofer - Price Per Speaker
The most powerful of Adam's AX Series of Speakers, the Adam A8X is a bi-amplified studio reference monitor built to a great spec within a price bracket that recording enthusiasts can reach. If you are after an honest, unhyped reference monitor that no pro would snub, take a look at Adam's AX Range. The A8X would suit a medium-large control room and work perfectly as your main point of reference without being overly fatiguing.
Here's what Adam say about the A8X
With its power and radiation characteristics, the brand new A8X is suitable for both nearfield and midfield monitoring. With a price/performance ratio that could hardly be better, this monitor is a perfect entry into these monitoring fields.
The A8X is equipped with the X-ART tweeter and a large (8.5") midwoofer, a combination that adds both a very deep and yet very tight bass response to the unsurpassed reproduction qualities of the ADAM proprietary tweeter: a licence to thrill.
Cabinet and bass reflex-construction
Like the other AX-Series models, the upper corners of the A8X are slanted to minimize reflections. The very large, double bass reflex tubes on the front have been specifically designed to perfectly match the midwoofer with its large voice coil.
Amplification and controls
With a 50W A/B amplifier for the tweeter and a 150W PWM amplifier for the midwoofer, the A8X has power in abundance and is the brawny monitor of the AX-Series.
On the rear panel are several controls: a gain for the high frequencies (+/- 4dB) and two shelf filters for the high and low frequencies.
There are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors on the rear panel of the speaker, which allow the A8X to be used in almost any application.
- Number: 1
- Basket diameter: 8.5" (220 mm)
- Voice coil diameter: 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber Tweeter
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm diameter: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 g
- Mid-Woofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music: 150 W / 225 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity: - to +14 dB
- High shelve: > 5 kHz+/-6 dB
- Low shelve: < 300 Hz+/-6 dB
- Tweeter gain: +/-4 dB
- Analog: XLR / RCA
- Frequency response: 38 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: 0.5 %
- Long term output: 112 dB
- Max. peak: 120 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 2300 Hz
- Input impedance: 30 KOhm
- Weight: 28.7 lb (13 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 15.5" (400 mm) x 10" (255 mm) x 12.5" (320 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years