Here’s What Tascam Say About the Model 12:
Tascam Model 12 is a compact all-in-one integrated mixing and recording suite designed for music and multimedia creators, songwriters and performers. It consists of a 10-input mixer, a 12-track version of the highly acclaimed Tascam multi-track audio recorder, USB audio interface, MIDI connectivity, DAW control functions, and unique podcasting capability including mix-minus and smartphone input.
Combining the feel of an analogue user interface with the efficient workflow and pristine quality associated with digital recording and production, the compact and affordable Model 12 supports your creative process from start to finish.
12-Track Recording and 10-Track Playback
The Model 12’s intuitive internal 12-track recorder creates WAV files of up to 24-bit/48 kHz audio quality directly to an SD card. Up to ten tracks can be played back simultaneously. Supporting metronome, punch-in/out, and overdubbing functions, the internal recorder also allows WAV files to be imported from another Tascam Model Series mixer like the Model 12, Model 16 or Model 24. And, of course, it is possible to export tracks in WAV file format which can then be imported directly into a DAW for further editing or production.
12 In / Out USB Audio Interface for DAW Connectivity
A USB connector facilitates connecting a computer to the Model 12 for playback and recording utilizing a wide range of popular DAWs. Sounds can be recorded in a DAW to create precise and original tracks, and then played back during live performances using Model 12 only. The USB audio interface can be used simultaneously with the built-in multi-track recorder. Model 12 also supports class compliant mode and can be connected to Apple iOS devices using an optional adapter.
Basic control for an external DAW using HUI/MCU protocol emulation is integrated for tactile control of most major DAWs. Controllable parameters include Faders, Mutes, Pans, Solos, Record Arm, Play, Record, Stop, FF/Rew, Jog.
Click Output with Tap Tempo Feature
A dedicated click output with TAP TEMPO allows the tempo to be controlled and monitored in both live or recording environments. This allows live performers to play with tracks using the built-in multi-track engine or music creators to keep track of the tempo when recording. The click sound can also be assigned to each MAIN, SUB or AUX output, or, with individual volume setting, to headphones outputs 1 and 2.
Combine Your Setup with MIDI Equipment
Standard MIDI input and output make it possible to use keyboards, drum machines, controllers, and other sources that employ MIDI technology with the Model 12. This also allows playback-start commands to be triggered or external multi-track recorders and other external MIDI devices to be synchronized with the Model 12.
Podcast Your Latest Music and Live Performances to Your Fan Base
The Model 12 incorporates several features for podcasting and internet streaming like mix-minus, smartphone input, multiple mic-ready channels, Bluetooth pairing, dual headphone monitoring, and internal multi-track recording. Use the Model 12 as a versatile live production recorder, USB audio interface and live streaming tool.
All-in-One Audio Production from Recording to Mastering
The Model 12’s seamless integrated workflow facilitates less focus on the technical and more on the creative part. The built-in multi-track recorder allows one-button recording and playback. And the comfortable, familiar feel of the 60-mm faders, one-knob compressor, three-band EQ, and high-quality Tascam effects enable fast and intuitive tweaking of mixes and tones.
Pristine Audio Quality
Tascam Ultra-HDDA mic preamps with an Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) of –128 dB ensure low noise and natural, high-grade sound quality. Apart from microphones and line-level sources, all inputs can also be used for direct connection of guitars, basses, and other high-impedance (Hi-Z) sound sources.
Compact Size with Plenty of Inputs
The compact Model 12 packs eight XLR microphone inputs (with switchable +48V phantom power), ten TRS line inputs, a 3.5-mm TRRS input (for a smartphone) and a Bluetooth 5.0 input to handle any small-format recording or live production environment.
Dual Headphones Outputs for Creative Teamwork
The Model 12 offers two independent headphone busses with output jacks on the top panel to allow monitoring of two discrete mixes from AUX 1/2 and/or the main stereo bus simultaneously for performers and engineers alike.
Selectable PFL/AFL modes and solo-in-place (SIP) allow for flexible monitoring of individual channels, eliminating the need to mute each single channel when dialling in the perfect mix.
- Mac & Windows Compatibility
- Power Supply: Tascam AC Adapter (Included)
- Power Consumption: 16W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 343 mm, 360 mm, 99 mm
- Weight: 4.3 kg
- Recording media: SD (512 MB – 2 GB), SDHC (4–32 GB), SDXC (64–128 GB), Class 10 or higher required
- File system: FAT16 (SD), FAT32 (SDHC), exFAT (SDXC)
- Recording file format: WAV (BWF, maximum file size: 2 GB)
- Playback formats: WAV (BWF)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
- Bit depth: 16-bit, 24 bit
- Recordable channels: 12 channels max. (10 inputs + stereo mix)
Audio Inputs and Outputs
- Microphone inputs (CH 1–6, 7/8, 9/10): XLR-3-31, balanced (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)
- Nominal input level: –8 dBu
- Maximum input level: +10 dBu
- Minimum input level: –58 dBu
- Gain adjustable range: 0–50 dB
- Input impedance: 1.8 kΩ
- Line inputs (CH 1–10): 6.3-mm TRS phone jack, balanced (Tip: HOT, Ring: COLD, Sleeve: GND)
- Nominal input level: +4 dBu
- Maximum input level: +22 dBu
- Gain adjustable range: –10 dB to +40 dB (CH 1–6), –20 dB to +30 dB (CH 7/8, 9/10)
- Input impedance: 22 kΩ
- Instrument inputs (CH 1–6, 7, 9): 6.3-mm TS phone jack, unbalanced (Tip: HOT, Ring: GND, Sleeve: GND)
- Nominal input level: +1.8 dBV
- Maximum input level +19.8 dBV
- Gain adjustable range: –10 dB to +40 dB (CH 1–6), –20 dB to +30 dB (CH 7, 9)
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ
- Inserts (CH 1–2) : 6.3-mm TRS phone jack (Tip: SEND, Ring: RETURN, Sleeve: GND)
- Nominal input level: 0 dBu
- Maximum input level: +18 dBu
- Input impedance: 5 kΩ
- Nominal output level: 0 dBu
- Maximum output level: +18 dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω
- Music/Talk input (CH 9/10): 3.5-mm TRRS mini jack, unbalanced
- Maximum input level: +8 dBV
- Nominal input level: –10 dBV
- Input impedance: 10 kΩ
- Main output: XLR-3-32, balanced (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3:COLD)
- Nominal output level: +4 dBu
- Maximum output level: +22 dBu
- Output impedance: 200 Ω
- Sub output, Aux output: 6.3-mm TRS, balanced (Tip: HOT, Ring: COLD, Sleeve: GND)
- Nominal output level: –2 dBu
- Maximum output level: +16 dBu
- Output impedance: 200 Ω
- Phones output ½: 6.3-mm stereo phone jack
- Maximum output power: 45 mW + 45 mW (at 32 Ω)
- Footswitch connector: 6.3-mm TS phone jack (Tascam genuine footswitch RC-1F recommended)
- Channel EQ: Low cut 100 Hz, –12 dB/Oct., High (shelving) 10 kHz, ±15 dB, Mid (peaking) variable 100 Hz to 8 kHz, ±15 dB (Mono) fixed 600 Hz, ±15 dB (Stereo) Q = 0.5
- Low (shelving): 80 Hz, ±15 dB
- Master EQ: High (shelving) 10 kHz, ±15 dB
- Mid (peaking): variable 100 Hz to 8 kHz, ±15 dB, Q = 0.5/5
- Residual output noise: –103 dBu, (MAIN OUT, MAIN fader at nom.)
- Equivalent input noise (EIN): –128 dBu, (Mono input channel at 150 Ω, GAIN at max.)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N): <0.004 % (MIC IN-> MAIN OUT, 1 kHz, GAIN at min., +2 dBu)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±0.5 dB (MIC IN-> MAIN OUT)
- Channel crosstalk: –95 dB, (1 kHz, PAN fully counter-clockwise / fully clockwise)
- Maximum gain: 74 dB (MIC to MAIN OUT), 50 dB (MIC to INSERT OUT), 74 dB (MIC to SUB OUT), 75 dB (MIC to AUX 1/2 OUT), 24 dB (USB/SD to MAIN OUT), (all EQs flat, PAN fully counter-clockwise / fully clockwise)
- Phantom Power : DC 48 V