SSL are something of a household name in the music industry. Their iconic consoles have recorded some of the biggest records of the 20th and 21st centuries – quite an achievement.
The SiX from Solid State Logic combines the company’s rich heritage and world-class engineering experience with cutting-edge technology. The result is a contemporary piece of kit that offers the ultimate desktop mixing solution.
- Benchmark SuperAnalogue audio performance - ultra low noise, ultra-low distortion, pristine sound
- Stunning Record Path - two SSL console grade SuperAnalogue mic pres
- Classic SSL Channel Processing - essential versions of SSL channel EQ and dynamics
- The unique Listen Mic Compressor - nothing slams drums quite like it!
- Professional Routing & Monitoring - the hidden versatility of truly professional features
- 12 Input Summing at Mixdown - 12 line level inputs with channel and master bus inserts
- Legendary Master Bus Compressor - an essential version of the incredible SSL legacy
- Completely balanced signal path - everything except the headphone jack is fully balanced
Here’s what SSL say:
To the casual observer SiX looks like any other compact desktop mixer. Look a little closer and like all SSL consoles, SiX reveals a carefully considered feature set that is driven by an obsessive desire for total flexibility, to encompass every creative eventuality. It may be small but SiX is a classic SSL design. It carries the DNA of 40 years of true expertise in creative studio workflow. Listen to SiX and you will experience the impeccable sonic performance that is the hallmark of every SSL console. It is powerful and intuitive. Inspired and rewarding.
SiX is a condensed professional console for use in the studio, in post-production, on stage, and for podcasting. SiX offers big console sound and an impressive set of utility features in a format that is small enough to go wherever you need it. SiX is stunning value; it offers two recording channels with SuperAnalogue mic pres, two band EQ, an essential one knob version of the classic SSL Channel Compressor, a new two-band Channel EQ, inserts and 100mm faders. There is a two-knob version of the legendary G-Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus and the unique Listen Mic Compressor on the Talkback. In mixdown mode it is a very capable twelve channel summing system that offers analogue detail, depth and width to your mixes.
- Type: Analog Console
- Channels: 6
- Faders: 5 x 100mm
- Inputs - Mic Preamps: 2 x XLR (SuperAnalogue)
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Inputs - Line: 2 x 1/4" (line/Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4" TRS (2 x stereo line), 4 x 1/4" TRS (2 x stereo SuperAnalogue line)
- Outputs - Main: 2 x XLR (main out), 2 x 1/4" TRS (main monitor), 2 x 1/4" TRS (alt monitor)
- Aux Sends: 2 x Cue Sends
- Send/Return I/O: 2 x 1/4" TRS (send L/R), 2 x 1/4" TRS (send L/R), 2 x 1/4" TRS (Bus B out)
- Busses/Groups: 1 x Bus B
- Inserts: 2 x DB-25 In/Out (channel, main)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Talkback: 1 x XLR
- EQ Bands: 2-band EQ, Switchable Bell Curve
- Effects: Channel Compressor, G Series Bus Compressor
- Power Source: 5-pin 15V DC Power Supply (included)
- Height: 4.7"
- Width: 10.6" (including trim)
- Depth: 12.2"