Akai MPX8 SD Card Sample Pad Controller
The Akai MPX8 is a super affordable way to add a samples to your stage or studio set up. The 8 backlit, velocity sensitive punch pads are taken from Akai's world famous MPC series as is the technology inside so you can rest assured that despite the incredibly low price the MPX8 punches well above its weight (if you'll pardon the pun).
The super compact unit fits well into any set-up and gives you a virtually unlimited number of hits, drops, shots, stabs or anything else you want to load it with!
An easy to use editor for Mac and PC is included for easy sample loading, and the MPX8 features both audio and MIDI out for greater flexibility.
Here's what Akai have to say about this controller
Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the MPX8’s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads.
It’s that simple.
Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. MPX8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform.
Control Software & MIDI Gear
MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8"-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
Edit with Ease
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto MPX8. The editor’s drag-and-drop functionality makes loading your samples as easy as possible.
Get in the Loops
MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
Lose the Luggage
It’s compact, easy to load, and ready to go. MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai Pro design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops. It’s that simple.
SD and SDHC cards sold separately.
- Audio Outputs: (2) TRS 1/4" (balanced), (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI in and out (cable included)
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive
- Sounds: 21 internal (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 8
- Polyphony: 8-voice
- Panning: 9-position user programmable
- Other Features: Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types.
- Power: Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- Weight: 1lb ( 0.45kg)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.6" x 4" x 1.3"
1 In Stock
More stock arriving soon. Next Delivery Due: Monday, 26 March 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Next Delivery Due: Monday, 26 March 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
UK Next Day Delivery £4.99