This complete piano package contains plugin and standalone versions of a great player playing a great piano. Rich in features and tweakability, EZkeys makes it easy to put a great-sounding piano texture onto your tracks without interrupting your inspiration!
Here's what Toontrack say about EZkeys Grand Piano
Songwriting made easy!
EZkeys is a revolutionary plugin and stand alone instrument that combines a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger and a meticulously sampled grand piano - all in one package. Developed with Toontrack Music's forward thinking approach to music composition, EZkeys delivers breathtakingly rich tonal qualities and allows the user unlimited creativity through its groundbreaking functionality.
The songwriting & MIDI
EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full eight bar song sections and covering all major genres such as Rock, Pop, Country, Gospel, Blues and Funk, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time!
The smart transpose functionality
When you drag and drop MIDI in the timeline of the song browser, EZkeys will immediately analyze and separate all chords. If you click any of the blocks, an intuitive chord circle will open. This allows you to transpose or alter any chord or full song on the fly. This works just as well with the included MIDI as any user imported files.
The timeless sound
EZkeys comes with a mint condition Steinway and Sons model D grand piano, sampled to perfection in a world-class recording studio using only the best of the best in vintage and modern recording gear. The model D grand piano is the undisputed industry standard among performers and producers worldwide and has over the past century and half had an overwhelming amount of musical history and heritage created on it.
The sounds were mixed to sit perfectly in a production environment without any additional tweaking. There is also a selection of ready-made and user controllable presets available, making your sound options seem almost endless.
- Windows XP SP3 or newer, Pentium 4 or Athlon processor with 1GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, G5 with 1GB RAM (Intel-based Mac recommended)
- 700 MB of free hard disc space. Audio Unit, VST or RTAS host application and professional sound card recommended. Stand-alone version included.
EZkeys Grand Piano - product details
EZkeys - Feature Overview
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs with a single mouse-click
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Thirteen ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
EZkeys – MIDI Overview
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
EZkeys – Sound Library Overview
- Recorded in a world-class studio using only the best of the best in modern and vintage equipment
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
- Includes Sympathetic Resonance based on real samples
- Due to our proprietary loss-less compression algorithm TPC, EZkeys Grand Piano is extremely low on system resources and only needs 500 MB of RAM. Normal loading time from launch to ready-to-play is less than ten seconds
- The included signal chain presets are based on high quality effects from Overloud. Effects used range from reverb to tape simulation and distortion. You can control each preset by using a set of controls that will affect the individual parameters
- Standard: The default sound. A very rich and fresh tone that will work perfectly in any type of contemporary pop/rock, country or classical composition. Customize the level of room reverb and compression by tweaking the controls
- Raw Tweaks: A true bypass preset that represents what the piano sounded like from the raw recording. Also, in this preset, you can adjust the level of hammer, sustain pedal and releases as well as detune the piano
- Swedish Jazz: A stunning plate reverb subtly blended with that mellow tone that will give the sound that characteristic, warm feel used on a lot of the classic jazz records
- Retro Space Ballad: A nice spring reverb blended with a fast repeating tape delay gives this preset a great retro feel
- Swedish Pop: A chorus based preset that also includes a spring reverb for that 70s Swedish pop sound
- Old Time Boogie: Distorted through a 15lPS tape machine and with the addition of a spring reverb as well as a tape slap delay, this preset represents the vintage sound reminiscent of the dirty recordings of the 60s
- On Stage: Optimized to add extra presence in a stage monitor
- Drive In Cabinet: In this preset, the piano is going through a speaker cabinet and hitting distortion on the way
- Electric Dirt: Going through a guitar amplifier with a distortion pedal and a spring reverb, this preset is great as a solo sound or for long swelling chords
- Grand Tremolo: A tremolo based preset with options for tape delay, spring reverb as well as tremolo speed and depth
- Atmospheric Depth: A classic piano tone blended with a pad-like sound for the typical dreamy, contemporary ballad sound
- Dreamscapes: Perfect for long swelling chords and atmospheric ambience
- Dreampads: This preset builds on the same fundamental idea as the Dreamscapes preset, but adds a slightly different flavor