The new Toontrack Big Band EZX was created to recapture the timeless sound of big-band drum kits. Produced by the multiple Grammy Award winning studio engineer and mixer Al Schmitt and recorded at the iconic Capitol Studios in LA, the musical pedigree behind these recordings is truly next-level.
Big Band Bonanza
This pack delivers the recognisable punch of large, open bass drums, rattling of the snare and crispness of the ride cymbal that helped to solidify big-band as one of the most popular genres of the 20th century. The EZX pays tribute to the genre and the legendary drummers it spawned, such as Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich. It provides you with two extremely different drum kits – each of which was hand selected and configured to provide the most authentic sound of the period as possible. The drum sets contrasting nature gives you an excellent set of differing tools. The first kit is warm, richer and more intimate, while the second is fierce, punchy and powerful. These characteristics are trademarks of the music itself.
- Produced by 23-Time Grammy Award Winning Studio Engineer/Mixer, Al Schmitt
- Recorded at the Legendary Capitol Studios in LA
- Contains Two Complete Kits from the 1930s/1940s
- Includes a Multitude of Big Band MIDI Drum Grooves
- Different Kit Configurations (e.g. Recordings with Brushes and Sticks, Snares with the Wires on/off etc)
- Presets that are Mix-Ready and Suitable for a Big-Band Sound
- Compatible with Windows and Mac