Here's what Softube say about the American Class A:
Gut-busting drums. Crackling, searing, face-melting guitars. Meaty, punching bass. Rich, up-front vocals. Wide-open, airy, living electronics. If you will it, it is no dream with the American Class A.
Based on the greatest classics of American mixing console hardware, this channel strip is fast and easy to work with, and brings a truckload of character to the party.
With a shape section featuring gate and transient designing, a stellar four-band EQ with proportional Q and range control, a fascinating compressor design which can be switched between feedback and feed forward operations, and a warm, crunchy output drive section, no modern studio is complete until this sonic option is at hand.
- American mixing console sound, for Console 1 or as a standalone plug-in.
- One license for both the Console 1 version and the native plug-in.
- Characteristic stepped EQ with proportional Q values. Gives bold boosts and clean cuts.
- Unique compressor design, which can operate in feedback or feed forward topologies.
- Cutting-edge graphics and waveform visualisations offer all the information you need.
- Shape section has both gate and transient shaper, with all the same tasty analog sound of the strip’s circuitry.
- Crunchy drive from the output stage, with controllable character.
- A real and complete workhorse replacement for stock DAW mixing tools.