Please note: this is an upgrade version of Reason 12. It'll require a registered copy of any previous version of Reason to work!
It’s time for a creative revolution. Enjoy all the power of Reason 12, with a lot of new features and enhancements to support you throughout your musical journey. Reason’s flagship Combinator now allows you to combine effects and instruments however you like, plus you can include Combinators inside one another to create amazing sounds.
The newly introduced Mimic Creative Sampler will allow you to manipulate and edit your samples in endless ways. Both as a plugin and as a standalone, Reason is the perfect software for those who want to go with the flow and break all boundaries.
- Improved graphics: All racks are now in high resolution, interface scales automatically to fit your monitor’s pixel and density, zoom level can be adjust manually according to preference
- Mimic Creative Sampler: A brand new instrument to manipulate samples, including advanced time stretch and pitch algorithms, granular synthesis, built-in effects and much more
- Improved Combinator: mix and match instruments and effects as you like, now that Combinators can be included inside one another
- Faster Browser: instant search while you’re typing, categorized search results and more
- Factory soundbank with more than 29000 device patches, loops and samples
- Runs in any DAW as AU, VST and AAX Plugin
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft the sounds your music needs, from scratch or from Reason’s huge library of sounds. Synthesizers, instruments and effects –as many as you need. Reason covers every need from synthetic and electronic to acoustic and organic.
Add an instrument into the rack and start playing in seconds. Add an effect under it and the components of your rack are automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to shape your own sound, you can dive deeper into Reason’s Combinator and save your own creations. You can even customise the look of your devices choosing which knobs to display and where.
Reason’s rack easily turns into a modular if you just flip it: you can control and change all the routings and customise them.
Reason as a plugin
If you already have a DAW, Reason works as a plugin in VST3, AU and AAX format. You can use the virtual rack on its own or combine it with other plugins to achieve a real music production powerhouse.
Reason Players also allows you to add effects to MIDI notes or generate melodies, drum patterns and chords. You can set it up on any instrument plugin you own and exponentially expand its potential!
Finally, Reason can be an amazing tool to give your mix the final polish. The Channel EQ, Channel Dynamics and Master Bus Compressor have been modeled on the SSL 9000k to faithfully recreate that studio sound.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. You can expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world—from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extension plugins are full rack citizens, giving you a fully integrated experience. Or use industry standard VST plugins right in your Reason rack.
Reason as a standalone software
Reason can be used as a standalone software too. Alongside the virtual rack, you’ll find a sequencer and mixer, to bring ideas to life from initial sketches to finished songs.
- Grain Sample Manipulator
- Radical Piano Advanced Acoustic Piano
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Thor Polysonic Synthesizer
- Rytmik Drum Machine
- Klang Tuned Percussion
- Pangea World Instruments
- Humana Vocal Ensemble
- Kong Drum Designer
- Mimic Creative Sampler
- NN19 Sampler
- NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- Monotone Bass Synthesizer
- Malström Graintable Synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- Subtractor Polyphonic Synthesizer
- ID-8 Songwriter's Toolbox
- Redrum Drum Computer
- MIDI Out Device