Melodyne 4 from Celemony is one of the most powerful and intuitive pitch and sound editors around. Melodyne visualises the actual notes in the audio as opposed to just the waveform which can be difficult to interpret. As a result you don't just get the volume, you get a visualisation of where notes begin and end, as well as their pitch. From here you can modify the notes and ultimately influence the intonation, phrasing and dynamics of the audio you're working with. It's not just for simple audio forms either, Melodyne 4 works well with vocals and polyphonic instruments such as guitars and pianos.
Melodyne 4 Editor
The Editor version of Melodyne 4 is designed, as the name implies, to give you access to all the tools you need for detailed note and sound editing without some of the more advanced, specialist features that you see in the Studio edition. Editor gives you access to all the main tools you need for note and sound editing including the "Direct Note Access (DNA)" alogrithm for editing individual notes within polyphonic sounds such as chords. Other features not included on lower versions include the ability to extract scales from audio as well edit scales. If you don't need the high-level features such as the Sound Editor and multitrack note editing, then the Editor version offers you a great level of control over your audio.
For a feature comparision between Melodyne versions, click here.
Here's What Celemony Say About Melodyne 4 Editor
The single-track Melodyne.
Melodyne 4 editor offers you all the key Melodyne functions for the correction and creative editing of individual tracks. Including DNA Direct Note Access™ for polyphonic audio and the ultra-precise detection and editing of tempos.
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- All the Melodyne algorithms including DNA Direct Note Access™
- The complete Melodyne toolkit
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Precise tempo-detection and -editing
- Comprehensive functions for working with scales, tuning and temperaments
- Audio-to-MIDI export
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, Rewire
- Best possible integration through ARA Audio Random Access (depending upon the DAW)
- macOS and Windows, 32/64-bit
- Current version 4