The Aria has been designed as the ultimate vocal microphone. Featuring an accurate frequency response and a smooth tone, the Aria will make the most out of a wide variety of vocal and spoken tones. If you're looking for that smooth rich and complex tone that will bring your vocals to life, the Aria is your deal.
The Professionals' Favourite Vocal Mic
To create this outstanding microphone, the Aria was beta-tested by top artists and musicians during it's development to help make sure it was just the tool that engineers need. Paul Epworth, the producer responsible for some of the most iconic vocal artists in the last few years like Adele and Florence & the Machine, tested the Aria and was so pleased with it that he made sure that he kept one in his mic collection.
Paul Epworth, singer songwriter PJ Harvey and several Engineers at Abbey Road Studios admit they now cant live without their Aria Mics and it's often been said that the Aria Sound and quality can easily compete with the classic favourites and modern design mics that cost ten times more!
Not Just for Vocals
Despite being designed specifically for Vocals, many musicians and engineers have found that the aria sounds gorgeous on other acoustic instruments like the piano and acoustic guitar. Having heard the sound quality when put on the cello in an orchestral session, many professional London cellists have wanted an Aria for all their recordings!
Professional Presentation and Protection
The ARIA microphone is supplied in its own velvet-lined wooden box, which comes in an aluminium flightcase together with its elastic spider-style shockmount, a ring mount and the SPS-2 power supply, connecting cable and power lead. Like all Sontronics mics, the ARIA is covered by their no-nonsense Lifetime Warranty.
- male & female vocals
- cello, violin & viola
- acoustic guitar
- drum overheads
“ARIA is incredibly smooth with bags of character and it easily competes with any vintage valve microphone.”
Paul Epworth, Producer/Writer (Adele, Coldplay, Florence & The Machine)
“ARIA is silky smooth with all the classic characteristics I’d expect from a vintage valve mic. Yet another well designed and beautiful sounding mic from Sontronics!”
Andrew Dudman, Recording Engineer, Abbey Road Studios
“ARIA is so inspiring… ARIA brings light into my life and I can’t imagine recording without it ever again”
PJ Harvey, Singer/Songwriter/Composer
- valve/tube condenser mic with incredibly smooth sound
- designed specifically to give amazing results on male and female vocals
- beta-tested with Paul Epworth, PJ Harvey and the Abbey Road engineers
- supplied in wooden box, and comes with spider suspension mount, power supply and cables in aluminium flightcase
- covered by Sontronics LIFETIME WARRANTY
- ideal for sung vocals and voiceover but also beautiful on piano ,acoustic guitar, cello, violin, drum and piano overhead
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 18mV/Pa -33dB ±1.5dB
- (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Pad: -10dB
- Filter: 75Hz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 84dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 125dB
- Power supply: SPS-2 115/230V
- Connector: Mic: eight-pin connector
- Power supply: three-pin XLR-M
- Supplied with: shockmount, SPS-2 power supply, connector cables, power lead, wooden box (for Aria mic), aluminium flightcase