The X1S is the latest innovation in the hugely popular sE Electronics X1 series. Since its release in 2010, the X1 been the first choice for producers looking for a hand crafted, versatile microphone on a budget. Praised for its dynamic range and powerful SPL handling capabilites, the X1 is highly recommended, especially when you combine its performance and value for money.
The X1S follows in the footsteps of the X1; improved in almost every way, while remaining just as affordable as its classic predecessor. This Studio bundle combines the X1S with one of sE Electronics' well regarded Reflexion filters, RFX. You'll also get an isolation pack and a 3m XLR cable - making this package the perfect portable vocal recording booth. The X1S gets it's impressive performance from a hand-crafted, 1" true condenser capsule. Built by expert technicians, each capsule is tuned to make sure that the microphone will capture the minute details of your performances.
The X1S boasts newly designed electronics that keep noise to an absolute minimum. The original X1 was quiet, but this new ultra low noise design makes the X1S one of the quietest mics available at this price point. This means that you can capture even the most sensitive instruments and quiet voices without tearing your hair out trying to balance the level!
As well as being able to handle the quietest of sounds, the X1S also handles the loudest instruments with ease. The mic offers both -10dB and -20dB pad switches so that you can close mic even the loudest of sources (like a guitar cabinet) without fear of clipping. Also included is the option of 2 switchable low cut filters at 80Hz or 160Hz. This lets you easily take control of a wayward low end, deal with the proximity effect, or just cut out external background noise.
The X1S comes complete with a rock-solid, newly designed swivel mic clip and thread adapter, which is made to fit any mic stand. The mic features an all metal housing, which not only looks great, but also protects it from any electrical interference and noise. What's more, the XLR connector is now gold plated, meaning you get the most reliable, loss free connection possible.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 30 mV/Pa (-30.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 140 / 150 / 160 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 131 / 141 / 151 dB (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended Load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 6 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 58mm (2.28 in), Length 169mm (6.65 in)
- Weight: 445 g