- 1 x Neumann KMS 104 MT Cardioid Vocalist Microphone in Black
- 1 x Tourtech TTS-MI0822BK Microphone Boom Stand in Black
- 1 x Tourtech 20ft / 6m Microphone Cable XLR
Set up your microphone on stage with this handy bundle featuring the Neumann KMS 104 MT cardioid condenser microphone as well as a Tourtech stand and XLR cable!
Here's What Neumann Say About the KMS 104 MT Stage Microphone
Studio grade stage microphone for vocalists. Cardioid pickup pattern.
- Cardioid pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Studio quality condenser capsule
- Transparent sound with a gentle treble lift
- Excellent pop protection
Neumann Sound On Stage
The KMS 104 is a studio grade vocal microphone for stage use. Its precision manufactured condenser capsule offers true Neumann sound quality, combined with all the virtues of a rugged stage microphone: excellent pop protection, low handling noise, enormous SPL capability, and high feedback resistance, thanks to its tight cardioid pattern.
Studio Quality For Stage Vocals
The KMS 104 brings studio sound quality to the stage. Unlike usual stage microphones, which use dynamic capsules, the KMS 104 is equipped with a true condenser microphone capsule offering the superior clarity that made Neumann studio microphones famous all over the world. At the same time, the KMS 104 possesses the ruggedness required of a stage mic, thus refuting the myth that condenser microphones must be “fragile”. The KMS 104 can stand enormous sound pressure levels of up to 150 dB without clipping, and its tight, frequency-independent cardioid pattern ensures high gain before feedback. The KMS 104 has a much smoother frequency response than dynamic microphones and an airy top-end. Compared to dynamic microphones, the Neumann KMS 104 has a vastly superior transient response resulting in a more immediate and more emotional vocal sound. In practical terms: effortless intelligibility, without the usual EQ boosts – which further improves feedback resistance.
As a stage microphone, the KMS 104 is optimized for close miking; a fixed low cut filter compensates for the proximity effect and ensures clear bass, even if the singer’s lips touch the microphone. The headgrille is made of hardened steel and features a highly effective internal pop screen which also keeps moisture away from the capsule. Thanks to careful Neumann engineering, these acoustic filters do not cause any sibilance problems. The head amplifier is protected by a thick-walled housing. Its transformerless output minimizes electromagnetic interference, such as hum. Because of its low output impedance of only 50 ohms, the KMS 104 can drive very long cable runs of up to 300 m (1000 ft) without transmission losses.
The KMS 104 is primarily designed as a handheld vocal microphone but can be used for other stage applications as well, due to its high SPL capability and wide dynamic range. Examples include percussion, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, harmonica, acoustic guitar, and guitar cabinets. Thanks to its superior sound quality, the KMS 104 is also an excellent microphone for home recording and broadcast applications. Because it is optimized for close mic placement, the KMS 104 will pick up a dry sound with very little ambience, which is a big advantage in untreated rooms.
- Tight cardioid pattern without off-axis coloration
- Unaffected by extreme sound pressure levels
- Rugged construction
- Feedback resistant, high rejection of rearward sound (180°)
- Built-in pop screen
- Very low handling noise
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 4.5 mV/Pa ± 1 dB equ. -47 dBV
- Rated Impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 28 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 18 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 150 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (re. 94 dB SPL): 66 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (re. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 12 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR 3 F
- Weight: approx. 300 g
- Diameter: 48 mm
- Length: 180 mm