Here's what Sontronics says about the Drumpack:
The new Sontronics DrumPack pulls together our award-winning DM-series drum microphones into an all-in-one, premium-quality miking options that no drummer or studio should be without.
The five-piece condenser microphone set will give absolutely stunning results across your whole drumkit, plus they save you more than 30% on buying the mics individually!
The five-piece DrumPack comprises a DM-1B for kick drum, a DM-1S for snare and three DM-1T mics for tom tom packaged together with four mic clips in a rugged, waterproof ABS flightcase.
DM Series Microphones
Sontronics' DM-series microphones were designed and developed over three years by founder Trevor Coley alongside top UK producers and drummers. Each microphone has been specifically tailored to capture the perfect sound from each of your drums and the mics have received rave reviews, awards and have appeared on the touring kits and studio set-ups of major drummers including Dave Grohl, Aerosmith's Joey Kramer, Muse's Dom Howard and Blur's Dave Rowntree.
Sontronics DM-1B: The DM-1B large-diaphragm, end-fire cardioid condenser microphone is superb at capturing the entire dynamic range of your kick drum, thanks to its high sensitivity, extremely low self-noise, -15dB attenuation pad and ability to handle up to 155dB SPL. The DM-1B delivers outstanding results on kick drum but also sounds fantastic on bass guitar cabinets, low brass and woodwind, tenor and baritone sax and even male vocals.
Sontronics DM-1S & DM-1T: The DM-1S for snare and DM-1T for tom tom are small-diaphragm cardioid condenser mics each with a -10dB pad and SPL handling of up to 135dB. They have been designed with subtle variations in their response to suit the exact sound of your snare and tom, catching every element of your sound from the crack of the first hit to the rattle and snap of the snare and the boom and resonance of your tom tom. Together with the DM-1B, they combine to deliver exceptional results on your drumkit, whether recording in the studio or performing in a live environment.
Sontronics STC-10: The STC-10 cardioid condenser microphones (two of which are included in the DrumPack Plus set) boast two-stage pad and filter controls and an extremely precise response with Sontronics' signature smooth high-frequency roll-off. As a pair they are amazing as drumkit overheads, but they also sound stunning whether used individually for solo percussion, woodwind or stringed instruments, but also together for stereo-miking acoustic guitar, piano and ensemble.
- Condenser mic set for drums
- Five award-winning microphones
- Designed specifically for kick, snare and toms
- Stunning results in the studio or live
- As used by Muse, Dave Grohl, Aerosmith and more
- Supplied in rugged flightcase with 4 mic clips
- Impressive 155db SPL (DM-1B) and 135dB (DM-1S and DM-1T)
- Covered by Sontronics’ unique Lifetime Warranty
- Polar pattern (all mics): Cardioid
- Pad: 0/-15dB (DM-1B), 0/-10dB (DM-1S & DM-1T)
- Freq. response: 20Hz - 20kHz (DM-1B), 30Hz - 20kHz (DM-1S & 1T)
- Impedance (all mics): ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 14dB (DM-1B, 1S & 1T)
- Max. SPL*: 155dB (DM-1B), 135dB (DM-1S & 1T)
- Power sources (all mics): 48V ±4V phantom power required
- Connector (all mics): 3-pin XLR
- Supplied with: Mic clips x4, ABS flightcase
- 6mV/Pa -45dB ±2dB (DM-1B),
- 8mV/Pa -42dB ±2dB (DM-1S & 1T)
- 144 x 72 x 72mm (DM-1B)
- 91 x 22 x 22mm (DM-1S & 1T)
- 829g (DM-1B)
- 86g (DM-1S & 1T)