The SM27 is a rugged and versatile large-diaphragm, side-address cardioid condenser microphone, with premium components for exceptional stage and studio performance applications.
WHAT IS THE SM27 BEST SUITED TO
It's ideal for both professional vocal and instrument use such as lead and ensemble vocals, acoustic guitar, strings, cymbals, woodwind and saxophone. The latest addition to the SM family is equally as comfortable on stage or in the studio.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SM27
The SM27 has a flat, neutral frequency response and very low self noise for a natural reproduction of the sound source. It includes a 3-position switchable low frequency filter which helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect and a -15db switchable attenuator for added versatility.
- Ultra-thin, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass large Mylar diaphragm with a tight cardioid polar pattern
- Flat, neutral frequency response and very low self noise for natural reproduction
- Class-A transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect
- -15dB switchable attenuator for additional SPL versatility
- Internal shock mount reduces handling noise
- Three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise
- Includes a stand adapter and a zippered pouch
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -37 dBV/Pa / 14,1 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 10 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure:
- Pad off: 138 dB
- Pad on: 153 dB
- Weight: 642 g
- Frequency Repsonse Curve: