With a fresh new take on the classic D12 that still inhabits most studios around the world, AKG are back with the AKG D12VR Bass Drum Mic. Leaning heavily on the originals look, you still get that distinctive two tone grill and dividing surround, but now in a more compact rectangular shape! Great for placing in and around your bass drum, the D12VRs thin diaphragm allows you to perfectly capture those low end frequencies that will give you a natural warmth in all of your recordings!
Here's what AKG say about the AKG D12VR Bass Drum Mic
The D12 VR is a reference large-diaphragm dynamic microphone with cardioid polar pattern. Designed specifically for kick-drum recording applications, the microphone has a thin diaphragm to enhance the low frequency performance. Its warm sound is realized by the original C414 transformer, especially impressive at high signal levels.
The D12 VR features three active filter presets to match its sound shape with the kick drums character. When activated, the output level is automatically reduced by 10 dB. The filter settings can be controlled using a switch on the microphone body. Without phantom power, the microphone operates in passive mode and delivers the instruments pure sound.
- Ultra thin diaphragm: for accurate reproduction of the instruments sound
- Optimized bass chamber: for enhanced low frequency performance
- Patented switchable active-filter presets: three sound shapes to match the drums character
- Original C414 transformer: delivers a warm sound especially at high signal levels
- Cardioid polar pattern: rejects overspill from nearby instruments