The DM20 is a high-quality gooseneck drum mic from Earthworks. It features the same premium construction that you've come to know and expect from the brand. This mic will capture your drum recordings in brilliant detail, with a bucket-load of dynamics to boot too.
For the Stage & Studio
This drum mic will thrive in both studio and stage scenarios. In a controlled environment your toms and snare will be accurately reproduced; onstage, the layered and authentic sound is so good that you'll be surprised it isn't the natural tone of the drums themselves.
Superior Polar Pattern
Its superior cardioid polar pattern manages to remain balanced and consistent across all frequencies. This makes for a mic with better gain before feedback, no phase issues and allows for simple microphone placement. The design of the mic ensures it can easily accommodate up to 150dB SPL - allowing it to handle even the heaviest of drummers. Add to this a super quick transient response and you've got a mic that highlights the lightest ghost notes and the heaviest hits alike.
The trials and tribulations of regular gigging can take a toll on your gear. The DM20 manages to withstand the potentially negative impacts of the road. It does this while still delivering brilliant quality audio. The mic is actually strong enough to withstand a direct hit from a drumstick. It can be accurately positioned using the flexible gooseneck design and right angle mic head - ensuring you can get the perfect drum sound.
The mic comes with an RM1 Rim Mount. This is used to directly mount the DM20 onto either tom or snare rims. An included carrying case even offers enough space for you to store the mic with the mount still attached. This helps to save time when you come to set up or breakdown your latest recording configuration.
- Includes the RM1 RimMount - useful for attaching the mic on snare/tom rims.
- Durable heavy stainless steel build.
- Rigid mini-gooseneck remains in place even during aggressive drumming.
- Rugged mic head housing shields the mic capsule; it can even take a solid strike from a drumstick.
- Effortless positioning using the right angle mic head/gooseneck combo.
- 150dB SPL capability prevents overload from loud drum hits.
- High gain before feedback.
- 30dB+ of rear rejection (making it perfect for recording and live scenarios where instrument bleed may be an issue).
- Premium cardioid polar pattern recreates specified frequencies uniformly at any single position across the polar pattern.
- Reduced diaphragm settling time stops minute details from being altered by louder sounds.
- Extremely quick impulse response.
- Extended frequency response from 20Hz-20kHz.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa (-42dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 150dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB A-weighted
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 275mm x 22mm (10.75 x .860 inches)
- Gooseneck Length: 159mm (6.75 inches)
- Weight: .25 lb. (1.13kg)