Aston Stealth - NAMM TEC Award-winner!
Winner of ‘Best Microphone’ at the NAMM TEC Awards, the audio and music industry’s most prestigious international awards, Aston Stealth is the only British manufactured microphone ever to achieve this, beating several huge global brands in the process. It was Aston’s third NAMM nomination in the company’s 4 year history.
The Stealth is the latest stunning display of microphone innovation from UK manufacturers Aston. Relative newcomers to the microphone field, Aston made waves with their Spirit, Origin and Starlight microphones. With the Stealth, they combined their expertise with extensive testing involving over 90 of the world’s top producers, artists and engineers. The result is a 4-voice microphone with a built-in mic pre that's truly breath-taking.
Versatile Microphone For Every Application
The Stealth is a broadcast quality microphone that’s designed not only for studio use, but for live too. It has 4 switchable voices to ensure that it suits any application: male and female vocals, guitars and dark-sounding instruments.
A built-in Class-A Mic Pre ensures a hefty gain lift when used with 48V phantom power. The Stealth provides balanced, crystal-clear sound without the need for any external signal boost or mic preamp. This is due in part to the fact that it was designed and thoroughly tested with Aston’s 33 test panel, comprised of some of the most reputable producers and artists in the business.
Finally, as with their Origin and Spirit microphones, the Stealth features built-in shock absorption. In this case, it’s achieved by a unique Sorbothane internal shock mount system. This polymer has been specifically designed for shock absorption, making it pretty much the best material in the business for this purpose – nothing else comes close!
Reviews & Awards
- NAMM 2020 TEC Awards - nominated & won in the 'Microphones & Sound Reinforcement' category
- "Reviewing the Stealth has been no small task – it’s virtually 4 mics in 1. The four modes offer a ton of flexibility in finding the right sound for your source... it is a very versatile microphone with truly unique features. I might go as far as to say that if I was stuck on a desert island with one microphone, this might be it. It’s got gain, it’s got character, and it just looks cool!" - Tape Op Magazine
- “It sounds great, offers groundbreaking features and can handle almost any assignment under the sun.” - Pro Sound News
- Cardioid Studio and Live mic
- 4 switchable voices for ultimate versatility
- Broadcast quality sound in any context
- Built-in Class A mic pre for a gain lift
- Automatic phantom power detection for passive or active systems (world first!)
- Unique Sorbothane internal shock mount system
- Slick black finish with purple LEDs for subtle, modern aesthetic
- Legendary Aston build quality
- Designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK
- Transducer Type: Moving coil
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 10dB
- Sensitivity (passive mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 1mV/Pa*
- Sensitivity (active mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 150mV/Pa*
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 140dB