The AT2020 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid polar pattern which is a great for general studio use including vocals, acoustic instruments and guitar cabs. This mic is ideal for project/home-studio applications, thanks to high SPL handling and a wide dynamic range that makes it a great choice for most things It's been custom-engineered with a low-mass diaphragm which provides extended frequency response and will catch your fast transients for a clean & clear tone.
When using it in the studio, the AT2020's Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear which means you get an awesome recording of the instrument or voice you're trying to mic up, and not much of anything else that you don't want! In terms of setup, the pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone exactly where you want it... so you can be pretty particular for that perfect take !
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Noise: 20 dB SPL
- Weight: 12.1 oz (345 g)
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type