Aston Microphones pride themselves on being a British brand, both designing and manufacturing high quality, hand crafted and affordable microphones. They're currently the only microphone manufacturer in the UK.
Each mic is meticulously developed by a team of experienced engineers with help and advice from over 30 UK music industry professionals. Instead of just recreating something similar to the tried and tested formula of many mics today, Aston dare to go against the grain, pushing the boundaries to create something completely new.
The results are stunning. The Spirit Mic may look like a piece of modern art, however aesthetics are only part of the story. Each element has been carefully incorporated to create better performance, durability and usability.
That's the Spirit
The Spirit is a high performance condenser microphone with a 1" gold evaporated capsule. The mic offers a choice of 3 different polar patterns (omni, cardioid and figure of 8) via a switch on the front. This gives the mic the versatility needed to record in a variety of contrasting environments. The Spirit is a great choice for capturing most instruments, but is particularly good on acoustic guitar and vocals. It's built with some of the best components that are usually reserved for expensive boutique microphones.
The result is a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone delivers a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing every single detail of your source.
Wave Form Mesh Head
One of the most striking features of the Spirit is its wave form mesh head. This shock resistant band offers unprecedented protection to your microphones delicate capsule and components. Mesh heads have always been the first line of defence, but a heavy knock will usually leave an unsightly disfigurement on the mesh itself. With the wave form mesh, the head will absorb the energy from a heavy knock, but can be easily returned to its normal position, without any damage at all.
Built-in Pop Filter
Aston Microphones also feature a built-in pop filter that's better than most filters on the market. Its random weave allows your vocals to pass unhindered, whilst stopping plosives dead in their tracks. It also shields against electromagnetic radiation.
The other great thing about having a filter integrated into your mic is that it offers automatic protection from the outside world. A stainless steel mesh cage protects against unwanted moisture, grime and dust, and can even be removed from the mic and washed - ensuring your mic will be clean, fresh and lasting a very long time!
In-built shock absorption
Each element inside the Spirit has been designed with its own shock absorbing architecture. Aston are so confident in their product that they put a direct stand mount on the base of the mic, meaning you don't need any sort of mic clip or external shock mount. Of course you can still use a shock mount if you feel more confident using one.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - the Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Input Noise: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation