- 1 x Aston Origin - Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 1 x Aston Halo -Ultimate Reflection Filter and Portable Vocal Booth
- 1 x TourTech Round Base Microphone Floor Stand in Black
- 1 x Stagg Male to Female XLR Mic Cable 6m
This all-inclusive bundle is designed to have you up-and-running with the award-winning Aston Origin Condenser Mic & Halo Reflection Filter in minutes! You'll be recording pristine audio with zero interference, stunning frequency response and minimal hassle!
The Aston Origin
Aston Microphones pride themselves on being a British brand; both designing and building high quality, hand crafted and affordable microphones in the UK. Somewhat surprisingly, They're currently the only microphone manufacturer in the uk.
Everything from first design to final assembly is done in this country; handmade by a team of some of the finest engineers and craftsmen in Britain. Each mic has been meticulously developed by a team of British Engineers with the help and advice from over 30 UK Music industry professionals. Instead of just recreating a similar design to the tried and tested model seen on many of the mics today. Aston dare to go against the norm, pushing the boundaries of technoology and design to create something completely new from the ground up.
The results are visually stunning. The Origin Mic may look like a piece of modern art, however asthetics are only part of the story. Each element has been meticulously designed to create better performance, better durability and better usability.
The Origin is a high performance cardioid condener microphone using a 1" gold evaporated capsule. It's a workhorse mic that you could stick in front of most instruments, but particularly excells on acoustic guitar and vocals. It's built with some of the best components that you find in expensive boutique microphones.
The result is a direct, smooth and intimate sound that's the perfect recipie for a natural and transparent recording.
Wave Form Mesh Head
One of the most striking features of the Origin is it's waveform mesh head. This shock resistant band offers unprecedented protection to your microphones delicate capsule and components. Mesh heads have always been the first line of defence for your mic, but a heavy knock will at the least leave an unsightly disfiguring to the mesh itself. With the wave-form mesh, the head will distort to take the energy away from a heavy knock, but can be easily returned to it's normal position, without any damage at all.
Built-in Pop Filter
Aston Microphones also feature a built in pop filter that's even better than most filters on the market. It's random weave allows your vocals to pass unhindered, whilst stopping plosives dead. It also shields against electromagnetic radiation.
The other great thing about having a filter integrated into your mic is that it offers automatic protection from the outside world. its stainless steel mesh cage protects from unwanted moisture, grime and dust and can even be removed from the mic and washed; ensuring your mic will be clean and fresh and last a very long time!
In-built shock absorbtion
Each element inside the Origin has been designed with it's own shock absorbant design, meaning that the mic is inherently much more resistant to any minor lumps and bumps that could get into your recordings. Aston are so confident that they put a direct stand mount on the base of the mic so that you don't need any sort of mic clip or external shock mount. Of course you can still use a shock mount if you feel more confident using one.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Input Noise: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation
The Aston Halo Reflection Filter & Portable Vocal Booth
The reflection filter has now been a staple of the recording setup for a long time now, and although there have been quite a few different filters on the market, the general design hasn't changed all that much.
Up steps the fresh faced contender on the market Aston Microphones to offer a striking new design that signals a marked departure from the original design.
The First thing that strikes you about the Aston Halo is it's Ribena purple finish and space age design. The Halo is much more curved than any other design on the market so that it can capture more sound from the source before it can escape from the sides. This means that you get radically improved isolation and a 360 degree filtering area around the mic.
The filter itself offers a much bigger surface area and is made of the latest patented acoustic materials and proprietary moulding techniques which bring massively improved filtering performance. It also incredibly lightweight so you dont need a rediculously heavy duty stand or have trouble setting it up.
The Halo is designed to be as simple to get in place as possible. In addition to it's included "easy-mount" hardware and lightweight body, the Halo also features a cable tidy feature that feeds the mic cable down the back of the shield so that it cannot intefere with the recording by hitting the stand.
- Radically improved isolation
- 360 degree filtering (vertical, not just horizontal plane)
- Much bigger surface area (approx. 40% bigger than main competitor, and ridges almost double this again)
- More linear absorption
- Incredibly lightweight
- Proprietary ‘easy-mount’ hardware
Audio Technology Magazine
"Isolation-wise, the Halo lives up to the Hype- the focus is more on the source"
"More than just a reflection of previous designs, Aston's bold purple Halo adds a whole new angle to the reflection filter concept"
Included Bundle Accessories:
This bundle also features a Stagg heavy-duty round-base microphone stand (with a height range of 84-154cm) and an Andertons Pro Sound 6.3mm XLR Female to Mono Jack 6m cable.