The F1 is a compact field recorder that's perfect for getting clear, professional sound for your on-location recordings. The F1 is available in 2 different packages. This F1-SP package comes with a Shotgun Mic and shockmount; which is perfect for run-and-gun filmmakers who need to capture clear and detailed audio from their video shoots without too much background noise.
The F1-SP can be mounted directly on the top of your camera using the universal mount on the included Shockmount which also eliminates unwanted thumping sounds caused vibrations when on the move. The SGH-6 lightweight Shotgun Mic is known for creating pro-quality, hyper directional sound. This is perfect when you're trying to capture a single sound source with minimal external noise.
If you want to use other microphones though, the F1 can use any of zooms interchangable mic capsules, from stereo X/Y to lavalier and more.
You can hook the F1 straight up to your video camera using a simple TRS cable, so that you don't have to sync your video and audio later. There's also an audio redundancy function where you can stereo record simultaneously to SD card for post production.
- Two-channel audio recorder
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25” monochrome LCD display
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Pre-Record function
- Tone generator for calibrating audio levels between the F1 and a DSLR or video camera without the need for an attenuator cable
- Sound marker function that outputs quick tone to make syncing audio and video easy
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface with computer or iOS device
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries (when using lavalier)
*Camera not included