The AKAI Force is an incredibly powerful, all-in-one music production and performance station. It has everything you need to remix, mash-up, DJ and produce on the fly or in a studio environment without the need of a computer or laptop.
Versatile & Powerful
It'll easily form the backbone of any current perfomance setup or slot into your current system thanks to it's ability to connect to multiple systems with midi ins and outs, Ableton link to connect to the powerful Ableton DAW, CV gate compatability and audio ins and outs to warp and modify your audio tracks.
Perform, play or Record
The Force has been designed to provide inspiration on the fly or in the studio where you can capture and lay down your ideas. It works as a powerful accompanying tool when performing live allowing you to control your audio, midi or even use built in plugins to manipulate your sounds. It uses an intuitive clip-centric workflow where you can combine mpc-style drums, audio tracks, keygroup tracks, midi tracks, cv tracks and more to form your palette of sounds to work with.
More than a sampler
You can easily break out of the sample-based workflow with the on-board synth engines made by AIR Music Technology.
- Hype - Cover everything from hard-hitting plucks to sultry melodic leads with this preset and macro-based synth combining multiple synth engines (wavetable, FM, subtractive, sampling) and a giant preset library into a single easy-to-use package.
- Tubesynth - Emulate the sound of classic vintage analogue poly-synths with an advanced analogue modelling algorithm, packaged with five integrated AIR effects.
- Bassline - Access the sounds of a classic mono synth with variable oscillator waveshapes, sub/fifth oscillators, LPF & HPF options and four integrated AIR effects.
- Electric - The ultimate in classic e-piano emulation with Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections, five AIR effects and dozens of pre-sets to get you started.
Version 3.0.1 has some workflow refinements:
- Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recording
- Improved auditioning of samples and loops within Forces browser - now, files with embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Forces master BPM
- Drum program enhancements - users can mute or solo pads in a drum program using Forces hardware control surface
- Force can now load FLAC and OGG files
- The AIR dynamics plugins now have metering to indicate input/output levels and the amount of gain reduction applied
- Buttons - dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9”/176mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7”/150 x 93mm (width x height)
- Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- 2x XLR+1/4” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- 4x 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
- 1x 1/4” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- 1x 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI input
- 1x 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI output
- 1x 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI thru port
- 4x 1/8” (3.5mm) CV/Gate outputs
- 1x Ethernet link port
- 2x USB Type-A ports
- 1x USB Type-B port
- 1x SD card slot
- 1x power adapter input
Dimensions - 350 x 389 x 72.5mm